An Idea about commemorating Columbia

Andropolos

Spaceman
I cannot really add too much to what has been written about the first space shuttles untimely demise. What I feel should be done though is pay our hommage to those explorers who paid with their lives the right for us all to dream and hope for a starry future, much like the one we love while playing our games.

So, I propose that in Standoff, a ship of some kind is named Columbia to pay tribute to those happy few. It doesn't really matter which kind of ship that will be, it is the thought that will count.

Great idea. We still have a few unnamed ships, and the Columbia definitely deserves a homage.

--Eder

Originally posted by Filler
how about "twin towers" while we're at it? :p
Unless you can prove to me that they were actually two big launch pads for space shuttles, or that they were in any way related to space travel... nope :p

--Eder

midwaywtc.jpg

Well, we are all stardust, and not just Ziggy.

A small thing will go a long way!

Nice. As for the pissing man, well, it has got a whole game built around him now doesn't he... :)

Hey where did you find the source for that WTC ground zero-Midway photo?

I remember seing one like that online - SUPER-DUPER HIGH RESOLUTION. It was even clickable to the point you could zoom in at a few magnification factors.

Is this from the same source??

I can't even seem to refind that site... and no one remembers it.

Uhhh

Yeah, I know you doctored the photo.

Where did you get the SOURCE was my question..

Probably a Clydesdale or a Venture, since we're going to name all Gilgamesh-class destroyers after legendary people (There'll be a TCS Mario Brito, for example :)) following the whole Lionheart theme.

I'm leaning towards making it a Clydesdale, since the name seems better suited for a transport.

Yeah, I'd say Clydesdale too. The Ventures seem to follow a people-name scheme, like the Gilgameshes. According to the WC1 briefings, there was even a whole bunch of Ventures named after UN Secretary-Generals (Secretaries-General? Secretaries-Generals? Bah), but then the mission designers made them all Exeters instead.

Ugh

So where did the Ground Zero picture source, whatever it is, satelite or from aircraft, where did you get the source? (Of the real site, not the stupid WC ship) come from? I've seen ones like this long time ago and can't find noq!

Back