Amazon's Academy Price Increased (February 5, 2012)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator

Amazon.com has slightly raised the presale price of the upcoming Wing Commander Academy series on DVD. It's now going for $22.49. Hopefully everyone got their orders in already, but if not, the new price is still a great deal for this thirteen-episode masterpiece. If there's another change, Amazon's preorder price guarantee should ensure you get the best deal. May 29 can't get here soon enough!

Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the end of the day of the release date.

--
Original update published on February 5, 2012

Last edited by a moderator:
This is actually pretty normal for DVDs. For whatever reason, Amazon encourages people who preorder REALLY early... the first week or so a product is listed it's several dollars cheaper.

For popular DVDs (like a recent movie) the price will often get cheap again before it ships and everyone will get the low price, because Amazon lowers their price to beat Walmart/Target/Best Buy when they start advertising new releases... that may not be the case with Academy, since Amazon is likely the only shop in town for such a minor release.

Very glad I got my preorder in! Now if only it were here in my hands. It'll sit right next to Space Above and Beyond.

Back