alternative pirate ships

Triple-B

Rear Admiral
hey I am just working on my SO campaign and I found the tbolt pirate ship on killerwaves page, which i will use. but I am in need of a secon pirate ships, a light fighter. unfortunately there is no pirate arrow version here around, so I am searching for an alternative craft. :(

is it too weird to have epee's in 2681 as a pirate vessel? what would you recommand from the wcso ships section and/ or killerwaves page

of course you can just take other ship models and edit their MAT files (it's their...skin, so to speak) to look like Pirate ships. An alternative would be to extract some Standoff Ships, such as the Talon, Taraus, etc., but they might be too old for the time period of your campaign.

on a side note, I've actually made a mission where you fly regular Thunderbolts, and you have to defend 3 Pelicans from 20 or so red Pirate Thunderbolts. I must say, it's pretty epic. I wouldn't release it though, since it's not really my best work (not alot of detail was put into it)...

Here's the thing about Pirates, Mercenaries, and Merchants....
They rarely fly new ships.... So using older ships is usually OK. Unless it's a supership of some sort, It's a good rule of thumb to think that an Epee or better yet an older ship like the Rapier I, look for it on WCnews could be flown by pirates.

Since we're on the topic of Pirate ships, do they ever fly Kilrathi ships? Like abandoned Dralthis or something?

of course you can just take other ship models and edit their MAT files (it's their...skin, so to speak) to look like Pirate ships. An alternative would be to extract some Standoff Ships, such as the Talon, Taraus, etc., but they might be too old for the time period of your campaign.

I dont think the standoff ships will work, they use different guns ( wc2 particle gun), which you don't have in WCSO

besides I don't know how to make the arrow color sheme..

so as an alternative I thought about a wc2 epee, these ships would of course be directly stolen from confed without paintjob :D

@ lt overload: in the wca series a former confed hero (forgot the name) flew a gratha.

and the church of man are flying salthi

I gave Salthi to my Standoff retros, mostly because I was bored of shooting down Talons by this time....

You could always use the UE Scimitar, by 2681 it would have been ancient.

I'm no modder but I am pretty sure the files in 3Dstudio format are here on the site, Converting them and importing them might take some effort, but if you are designing missions anyway, I think the standoff team and the guy from collateral damage can give you a few pointers, you would just need to transfer the existing model, not rebuild it from scratch.

@ lt overload: in the wca series a former confed hero (forgot the name) flew a gratha.

Damon Karnes--but he didn't fly a Gratha, he had what looked like a Sabre (although it wasn't named). His pirate group, though, did include multiple Dralthi (and Kilrathi pirates--remember, 'Kilrathi' isn't just a single military groups... there are Kilrathi doctors, lawyers and pirates out there as well).

and the church of man are flying salthi

This was a little bit different--the Kilrathi sold surplus Salthi to the Church to help destabilize the Gemini Sector. We do see more Kilrathi military hardware (various stripes) floating around the Black Hole in Action Stations.

Back