Alternate 3D Printing Resource Allows Resizing (October 27, 2014)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Klavs' latest 3D printing experiments have put his slick new Rapier front and center. The ship is now available to order from Sculpteo in unpainted plastic or resin and a fancy prepainted color variant. One major difference between this vendor and Terran Fleet Supply at Shapeways is the scalability. Fans can select designs anywhere from 31 mm in length to about ten times that size depending on casting material. Note that since the technology is still experimental, sizes larger than a few inches can quickly become quite expensive, although it's kind of fun to see how hard you can get the price calculator to work. This is still a great option for anyone looking to fill out a miniature tabletop fleet or just generate a neat desk ornament. Klavs' Hellcat is also available at Sculpteo here.

Model uploaded to Sculpteo, so you can size her to your heart's content.

--
Original update published on October 27, 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the scaling on Sculpteo and it USED to be able to allow end users to change colors on their printed models as well (I'm away from my Mac, so I haven't checked out Klavs' Sculpteo store yet to see if it's still working). Until recently I found Shapeways prices to be cheaper, but they just changed their pricing.

Klavs, have you tried Shapeway's new PLASTIC full color printing? Pricier than gypsum but stronger and better tolerances. It's still beta, but they were letting everyone sign up for it

Back