all the features; rocking reclining seat, tinted windows

Oggy

Rear Admiral
I've been having a retro replay session, working my way through Wing Commander 1 and the Secret MIssions 1 & 2 before starting WIngcommander 2.

I have awatched the launch sequence literally a thousand times, but how come the Hornet has tinted cockpit windows in the launch sequence cutscene? All the other fighters (including the Dralthi II) have clear cockpit windows. Was it always like this?

Theres something satisfying about popping Dralthis and Jalthis that I just get with any other Kilrathi fighter; but if you get one of those six shooters on your tail, kiss it goodbye. Looks good at 1440p

Attachments

• 20230724_204346.jpg
    20230724_204346.jpg
    991.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
There’s actually an answer for that! The Hornet cutscene art was done earlier in the process to be used in the rolling demo.., so it’s aesthetics don’t quite match the other three ships!

Thanks LOAF, interesting. I've watched that cutscene so many times and never really twigged it was different until now.
I am currently battling through Secret Missions 2. I am guessing the Drakhai pilots makes use of the "Ace" pilot scripts from the base game. I have noticed that the kilrathi wingmen will move to flee if the Drakhai leading them is destroyed or chased off.

Back