Accepted to Flight School!

Sylvester

Vice Admiral
My friends, it gives me great pleasure to inform you that I've been accepted for flight training by the United States Navy and will report to flight school sometime this spring. I give Wing Commander a lot of credit with developing my urge to fly, and I thank all of you guys for being the best of internet friends these last eight years.

Feel free to suggest callsigns if you wish. :p

Congratulations!

That is great to hear. Best of luck in flight training.

Fair Winds and Following Seas!

I want to learn how to fly at some point. Good luck to you! My friend who got me into Wing Commander now serves as part of the ground crew of a US Navy rescue helicopter.

That's excellent news! Congratulations--if they give you any spare time, be sure to check in and let us know what the flight training process is like.

Congratulations, and keep the dream alive!

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Unknown

CONGRATS MAN!!! That is so awesome, keep us up to date!

I applied to flight school with the navy but failed the sight test. That plus the navy said I'm too tall for a fighter pilot.

So my dreams were crushed. DO A BARREL SPIN FOR ME!

Congratulations!

From what friends and relatives of mine who are fliers in the services (one Coast Guard, the other Air Force) tell me, you don't pick your own callsign. Your squadron mates do, usually based on the most demeaning, stupid, or embarrassing thing you end up doing during flight school or your rookie tour. :)

Back