Abandonware and buying WC titles online...can we clarify once and for all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren't talking about copyright, they are talking about ESA protection of the title. They list EA has having 15 years protection, so any EA titles older than 1996 are now fair game as far as Abandonia are concerned.

So let me get this straight, the copyright is still active on EA games that are 15 years old or more, but they aren't protected from being downloaded now??

Anyone able to tell me how they figured that one out?

No, it's just an arbitrary thing the criminals decided--downloading EA games from fifteen years ago still isn't legal.

So let me get this straight, the copyright is still active on EA games that are 15 years old or more, but they aren't protected from being downloaded now??

The Entertainment Software Association won't take action to protect an EA title that old. Doesn't make it legal, just makes it safe enough for Abandonia to host it anyway.

Either we all overslept and it's September 1, 2090 or--and this is really out there--a company whose entire business model is stealing things is lying to you.

I like how they're both covered in advertisements and have multiple donation links on the front page. Real classy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back