A suggestion

KrisV

Administrator
Would it be better if the post order was reversed? New posts would be on the first page, at the top of the page. The other way around
smile.gif

Fireball suggested this to me today, and I agree it would make more sense. It'd reduce load times, you'd have to scroll less, etc.

Last edited:
Sure, go ahead. When threads go over 3 or so pages in length they do became somewhat painfull to read. I just hope that you won't have to take down the board again.
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
As he said, I brought it up, and it would make more sense. You won't have to wait on teh first page to load to get to the next one, because all the new posts will be on the first page. It'd make it easier for everyone.

------------------
Member of the LMG, and hating it. (Disgruntled Man)
Proud member: Wing Commander Space Command; Union of Border Worlds 5th Fleet; Black Lance Command
Striking a man down with your blade is clean and honorable. Shooting him in the back from the darkness of an alley and hurrying to blame it on another was something else altogether.--Darth Vader

It seems like a good idea. Mind you, we might feel different about it once it's in place, and for whatever reason find it annoying, but I think you're right; it's worth a try.

It might take a while to get used to, but in the end, it will benefit everyone, once we get accustomed(SP?) to it.

------------------
Member of the LMG, and hating it. (Disgruntled Man)
Proud member: Wing Commander Space Command; Union of Border Worlds 5th Fleet; Black Lance Command
Striking a man down with your blade is clean and honorable. Shooting him in the back from the darkness of an alley and hurrying to blame it on another was something else altogether.--Darth Vader

for it Kris

------------------
Meson
Fleet Commander Homepage

Wing Commander is not just a game. It's a lifestyle.

Those whose eyes have seen shall not live to tell about it -- commercial for the American version of Gundam Wing

Burning the midnight oil...

I had thought there may have been a downside to doing that, but as I rethink it, it sounds pretty cool. I say let's have it that way.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Order reversed... this'll take some getting used to, but it's probably for the best.

Aye
smile.gif
. It'll take getting used to all right. But I like it... at some times during the day, when the traffic got too heavy, this thing had the annoying tendency to break off thread-loading about halfway through. That won't be a problem any more
smile.gif

It`s kind of disorienting, but to tell the truth I thought of suggesting it a couple of times, however, no one seems to pay much attention to my suggestions lately
smile.gif

I don't like it, but in like 3 days I'll have gotten used to it and won't really notice anymore.

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Same here. Its workign great. Its a little more difficult when I leave for a day and come back, but once I catch up on the small amount of posts I miss, then i'm set to go for the rest of the day.

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)

Works out ok. This new setup reduced my download time to about 50%.
smile.gif

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

Back