A false color question...

ICEMAN

Spaceman
I just got and started false colors and wondered if theres any other wc novals out?

aka ICEMAN

------------------
..."Meir mortals well bowe down to my power!"

There are several WC Novels, though finding some of them may be rather difficult. The first, Freedom Flight, is set in the WC 1 era. The novel has several characters from the game and features the Firekkan people. End Run and Fleet Action are set in the WC 2 Era and feature Tolwyn, as well as having introduced Jason Bondarevsky and the crew of Tarawa as the main characters. End Run is a great novel, though hard to find, and has the crew of Tarawa go on a daring raid into Kilrathi space. Fleet Action features the actions leading up to the dramatic Battle of Terra, and again features Tarawa as well as many others. There are the WC 3 and WC 4 novels which are mainly based on the games. Action Stations, featuring Tolwyn as an ensign, was written next and takes place at the start of the Kilrathi War. Those are the novels based on the games themselves. There are two novels which relate to the movie that I have not read.. I know, I am a horrible WC fan. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info and help icehart

------------------
..."Meir mortals well bowe down to my power!"

SEPHIROTH said:
I just got and started false colors and wondered if theres any other wc novals out?

aka ICEMAN

There's more than a few novels...

In order of publishing:

1) Freedom Flight, by Elen Guon (one of the writers for WC2) and Mercedes Lackey
2) End Run, by Christopher Stasheff and William Forstchen
3) Fleet Action, by Forstchen
4) The Heart of the Tiger (WC3 novelization), Forstchen and Andrew Keith
5) The Price of Freedom (WC4 novelization), Forstchen and Ben Ohlander
6) False Colors, Forstchen and Keith
7) Action Stations, Forstchen
8) Wing Commander (WC movie novelization; also a "junior" version with the 'naughty' stuff removed, though as is the usual case with American mores, violence is okay but sex is out of the question), Peter Telep
9) Pilgrim Stars, Telep

Most of them are pretty easy to acquire; End Run, however, requires a little more work, as there was only one print run of that book (the others have had 2 or more runs). Worst case, check out WC CIC's where to buy section for help in tracking stuff (not just novels) down.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes indeed as in Ysanne. She was one of the most intriguing characters in the X-Wing series, especially in the 8th novel, Isard's Revenge.

You know, I suppose I'm lucky. I have two End Runs.

Eh, I perfer the New Jedi Order to the other SW novels.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Wow! I'm not as out-of-it as I thought... I've read all of them except 'Pilgrim Stars'

------------------
Maestro: "Lighten up Spyder! We're not gonna die! We're gonna WIN!!"

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Maestro: "You can burn in Hell."

Too bad there aren't any new WC books out
frown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad, indeed. Just wish they'd release Pilgrim Truth, at least.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Back