A discussion on the true nature of the Nephilim

Perhaps "non-aligned" could mean that the bugs have a war back in their galaxy with two major factions, both made up of several different races. And the races in the WCU are not yet allied with them. Then of course, why should the bugs start a war with us...?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I don't know if they're trying to exterminate us... so far, they seem to have been studying us.

They "studied" the folks at the H'hrass relay station
by slaughtering them.

The not-quite-losing tracks of WCP (leading to Hellespont
and Alcor) shows them destroying all Confed installations
they come across.

The losing track of WCP shows them blowing up Confed HQ
in Sol system. Presumably, they also destroyed Earth.

The cutscene of the intro to episode 3 of Secret Ops
shows the aliens "leaving no survivors" in a Confed system.

The lose-lose of WCP:SO shows them wiping out Sol as well.

The fiction (which I have heard of but not read) shows
them cutting a swath of devastation through Confed space.

The implication is that, if not for our brave band of
Meddling Kids, Confed as we know it and possibly humanity
as well would have been utterly destroyed.

If that ain't extermination, it'll do until a better
definition comes along.

If that's what you call "studying", remind me again where
you go to university so I can enroll somewhere else :).
Man, I thought *my* profs were tough on me when I got a
C...

Respectfully,

Brian P.

They seem to like slaughtering our military, but seemingly for the purpose of reaching our planets and gathering specimens <G>

Also note that while they go around destroying the stations and capital ships, they take the time to capture ejection pods of downed Confed fighters.
So they are studying (some of) us.

Some questions

Hey is theory about the nephilim coming from the core systems concrete? cos, it dosn't even hint at that in WCP and as far as I know not in SO either, anyway I thought that they might of come from a different galaxy, why the huge jumpgate thing which is big enough to pull through dreadnoughts etc. if they came from the core systems, wouldn't it be easier to just jump in from the core systems into confed/Kilrathi space and they would know were to go because persumably they've been to Kilrah before.

Also the fighters - are they drone craft because they seem a bit small for the nephilim and maybe they are controled by the carriers.

Well this post is more my idea on nephilim are like than questions well anyway some input please!

It's fairly concrete. There's dialogue in Action Stations and in Fleet Action that states that there is a "darkness coming from the direction of the galactic core".

This is the Nephilim. The Kilrathi say that this is they, and, IIRC, they say that it is not the Mantu.

only some of the fighters are drones, specifically the itty-bitty ones that float around the Manta and then attack you when the Manta is destroyed.

Originally posted by Nep Parth
It's fairly concrete. There's dialogue in Action Stations and in Fleet Action that states that there is a "darkness coming from the direction of the galactic core".

This is the Nephilim. The Kilrathi say that this is they, and, IIRC, they say that it is not the Mantu.

Umm, no. The Mantu are specifically mentioned, in regards to Kilrathi fears. Also, contrary to the view the kats have of the Mantu, they (Mantu) aren't an aggressive species. It was the Kilrathi that attacked first when the two species met one another, and only after the Mantu smacked the Kilrathi around some did the "big bad aliens of doom" image of the Mantu come around, mostly for the purpose of saving face after the kats got the other end kicked.

Also, in the ICIS manual, they include a Confed summary of what's known of the Nephilim, in which they specifically mention that the Nephilim aren't the Mantu or any other known alien species.

I know that. I didn't say the Nephilim were the Mantu.

Actually, I think that the Kilrathi speculate that the darkness is the Mantu, but I'm not sure.

The Kilrathi refer to the Mantu in the novels -- Confed refers to the Nephilim in Action Stations.

It might be that the Mantu, or the Steltek, are one of the reasons the Neph. are out into Confed space anyways. Were I going against someone like the Steltek, who hold technology above mine, I'd not wanna mess with them either. Or if it was the Mantu, it might be them who told the Bugs about Kilrathi space.

Originally posted by Primarch
Also note that while they go around destroying the stations and capital ships, they take the time to capture ejection pods of downed Confed fighters.
So they are studying (some of) us.

All in the name of science. :D

Originally posted by Skyfire
It might be that the Mantu, or the Steltek, are one of the reasons the Neph. are out into Confed space anyways. Were I going against someone like the Steltek, who hold technology above mine, I'd not wanna mess with them either. Or if it was the Mantu, it might be them who told the Bugs about Kilrathi space.

Or it could be neither of them, and the Neph came for some other reason. :)

Originally posted by Mav23
only some of the fighters are drones, specifically the itty-bitty ones that float around the Manta and then attack you when the Manta is destroyed.

I can only remember one drone fighter type, the Remora, floating around the Ray-fighters. Great way to increase your kill score.
Every other craft I recall had a pilot in it when I directed an insult at it. <g>

Back