a bug issue

Jdawg

Commodore
just finished wc1 now want to play the secret missions how do I transfer my character over. im using the gog version

The easiest way is to go to your WC1 directory and find TRANSFER.exe. I usually just drag and drop it onto the DOSbox exe that runs WC1/2. This will load the transfer application in DOSBox. Then mouse over your character in their bunk to transfer to SM1.

I found the transfer file and i copied it into the dos box file folder but it didnt do anything

I looked on the gog forums and they had a way to do it but u had to change a lot of dox box coding

No, don't drag it into the folder. Drag it onto the DOSBox exe so that DOSbox launches the TRANSFER application. Then you'll see your WC1 save games in their bunks. You can see what I mean below.

TRANSFER-launch.png

well I already see saved pilots in their bunk but when I click on them it takes me back to the last mission of wc1

Don't just mount the DOSBOX directory. Mount the entire WC1/2 directory. It can't get to the GAMEDAT directory in \Wing Commander 1 and 2\WC\GAMEDAT. That's where INSTALL.DAT is.

Did you copy TRANSFER.exe to that DOSBox directory? Hence why it's mounting there? If so, move it back to the WC directory.

I went back and re looked at your screenshot, and figured it out. thanks for being so patient,im a good computer net worker and can do binary math easily, but when it comes to programming I am all thumbs.

thanks this is the first time playing the expansions for wc1 and im loving the missions so far, especially being able to rotate the nav pts. I just got done flying the schimaters (sp) shields and armor are bad but I love the guns and doing the power glides. I wish I could hear Tom Wilson playing Maniac as he is going crazy lol, it would be priceless

yeah im playing the games backwards started with number 4, then I played 3, then all of wc2 including the expansions, wc2 SO1 was my fav so far bc you get to meet bear. now playing all of wc1 and its expansions

When I start WC I usually play in order. Sometimes I go like this :
1)Wc1(no expansions)
2)Wc4
3)Wc3
4)WcPrivateer 2
5)WcP/SO
6)Wc2 (with expansions)
7) Wc1 Expansions
8)Wc Privateer 1/RF

between these I play some Armada and Academy :D

Why I play them like this ? Because that`s how I obtained them . I played WC1 back in the Amiga days 1991 and then after 5 years I got my second Wc game,WC4 ! Then I got stuck and bought them in the same order I mentioned up.

Weird now that I think about it how much a step forward was for players .Look at 1990 games and 1996 .

Back