1.1beta first impressions

GammaRay

Spaceman
Made a clean install of the beta a short while ago. Here are my first impressions, after a couple hours of gameplay:
- missions/campaigns/stuff seem to work fine and i haven't found any problems (and hope not to find them;)
- momentary lockups of the game, mentioned before as caused by nvidia drivers with broken GL support now happen more often o my machine, for eg. in 1.0 it never happend after leaving any starbase/planet, but now i get it every time
- new target locking sucks (kinda got used to the previous 'h' key function)
- also dont like that 'sign of the cross' substitute for the target rect
- asteroids: i know they should be more deadly (like the orig.), but their movement speed is IMHO a bit too high
Maybe these are of this kind one can get simply used to, but i find them pretty annoying as for now. More info to follow:)

I have to agree, I've played a lot more, find I hate the changes in targetting. Sigh.

Murphy's first RF mission is still minus the plot enemy bounty-hunters who are supposed to jump you.

if you really hate the changes to targetting--you can edit units/units.csv in wordpad and replace 42.0 with 180.0
that will give you 180 degree targetting

PS: did you get the patch to 1.0pre2 yet? that slows down roids--- mail the gmail account if you have not yet received it

hellcatv said:
if you really hate the changes to targetting--you can edit units/units.csv in wordpad and replace 42.0 with 180.0
that will give you 180 degree targetting

PS: did you get the patch to 1.0pre2 yet? that slows down roids--- mail the gmail account if you have not yet received it

I just downloaded and installed around May 31. Is that patch included in the download I got or do I need the update? Thanks!

Back