1.0 pre3 No Music

Crumb

Spaceman
Just finished installing and I get no music at all. Tried the music volume button but it didn't work. Also tried a reinstall and all the different sound options from the setup screen. All the Ogg files play fine in winamp so there not corrupted.

ack :-(
are the playlist files in .privateer010/ folder? try moving them there

they could be in .privateer009/

if that's the case I'll zip up a new v ersion

the version with working music should be up for those who download--can you redownload and tell me if it works?

Testing

1. Install got Windows Security Warning for "Sound Server" an XP thing, selected Unlock and resumed no problem
2. Used same settings as 009, 1024X768 pretty much default on others and it loads full screen but in base I get real small window, when I launch I get full screen again.
3. If I use Target Reticule screen locks up and I get graphic problems, if I select it again it returns to normal.

- Resuming testing! Hope this helps.

There is a confog option for the base image size. You have it set to sharp, which makes the images small but unpixelated.

Bases: Nice new option, I did like it better smaller.

No big deal but voice on landing always gets cut off on words "Landing Zone"

Just redownloaded and the music is ok now. The repair screen is perfect now :) Can't wait to get a repair robot to see it work.

I looks like you changed the Shield display in Full Screen Flight mode to the Centurion with no ship in the middle anymore??? Not sure if this is an error or not? Kind of like the old display?

Awsome repair screen your right!
I am trying to get friendly GREEN to fire at me so I can watch it work, they turn RED and fire then stop firing and turn back to Green?

I really turned down the ammount of anger ppl get when you attack them until their shields go down--then they get furious

when you say "3. If I use Target Reticule screen locks up and I get graphic problems, if I select it again it returns to normal. "
what does this mean?
which button do you press to get the Target Reticule...what is a target reticule...what graphic problems do you see... how do you fix it... screenshot might also help (press printscrn and then alt tab over to paintbrush and cntrl-v to paste)

But in 009 if you hit the "P" key it targets the object in your Cross Hair (Reticule) in this version it locks the screen and does some funny graphic changing almost like it is doing a Pause Game.

Ok attached file I think, hope it works.

Attachments

• Lockup.JPG
    Lockup.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 129
Also hellcatv the shooting Friendly thing isn't working they just turn red then back to Green and if you keep shooting them they stay Green and of course blow up!

hmm maybe I turned down the anger too much! too many ppl were complaining...i'll test...
try communicating nasty to them (hit 4 4 4 4 44 4)
thanks for the screenies... p does indeed pause the game... y does pick target :) too many ppl couldn't find pipe

also: being in a stiletto (as I can see from your screenshot) really helps your relationship with confed...since this is not normally a player-flyable ship... ;-) we figured we could do weird things...

it'll take a lot of damage before confed or the good guys brand you a traitor...
with the normal starting ship, i.e. the tarsus... the damage will be enough to get them mad IMHO...

Back