1.0 bugs

that's the idea..the comptuer goes off

ntoice if you get hit by a missile during that time your velocity changes

fun to go bouncing off stuff

A more Wing Commander explanation would be that when you press that button, you close your ramscoops and thus have no more drag (you would also not be gathering any more fuel, but that isn't simulated at the moment)

MamiyaOtaru said:
If you were playing an unpatched game you wouldn't be having that problem. Newer versions of the patch will supposedly be changed to avoid the issue. You have to understand: the game is stable, the patch is barely alpha.

"You may edit your posts" and no edit-button...
Well yes, I forgot to mention that I tried to play with the wcu-patch right away after installing 1.0 because I assumed that the patch should have been 1.0-compatible already, but apparently not... Now I again downloaded the latest wcu-packages and mesher-problem was gone. Seems difficult for me to keep updated with this wcu-thingie, my apologies.

Yes, definitely annoying.
Btw. was the Launcher left out from 1.0 on purpose or was it just forgotten?-)

the launcher never worked properly

besides why do you need it ..the launcher was only to work around the fact that the vegastrike engine didn't support savegame loading/saving from within--now it does so the use of the launcher is relegated to the past.

THat said you can have a hell of a time if you load up
start|run|cmd
cd \path\to\privateer
cd bin\
vegastrike.exe troy.mission

fly into the bubbles and watch people spawn...

Never worked properly? Seemed to work just fine here. And WHY would I need it?? Well it's hellofa lot easier to click "Play saved pilot", select my savegame and directly continue playing - instead of starting game from vegastrike.exe and noticing that my bro has played the game last time and I'll have to crawl to main concourse -> mission computer -> Load/Save and Then continue playing...

But in which way it "never worked properly"? Does it mess up savegames or something? Only bug I've noticed is that sometimes game settings button doesn't work.

Confirmed.
I don't think that we need the whole launcher but at least starting with "Play saved Pilot" would be better.

And something else I noticed.
The commodity still dosn't function correct.
I guess there should be some sort of consuming selled stuff but if I sell iron from an asteroid to an Planet I do make some profit. So far so good. But if I come with the next load from an asteroid the old iron is still there. The same happens to the food-products at the asteroids.
They don't consume annything. Strange.
Next problem is the production itself. Sometimes there is nothing to buy at nither one of the 3 bases in Troy. Ony the stuff is selled them.
And there are no competitors around.

TIRex said:
Confirmed.
I don't think that we need the whole launcher but at least starting with "Play saved Pilot" would be better.
Whenever you start the game it automatically loads your last saved game.

JKeefe said:
Whenever you start the game it automatically loads your last saved game.

What if there's two or more players playing the game? I hate it how so many games are designed for singles novadays...

Acimus said:
What if there's two or more players playing the game? I hate it how so many games are designed for singles novadays...

Why can't you then just load your own saved game after the game loads?

I can not install so I can not play :(

Ok downloaded the game, started the install
./privateer1.0.bz2.run
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Privateer Remake 1.0 - Base...(lot of dots)....
.....back to prompt

System:
AMD 64
FC3 X86-64
1 Gb mem
ATI radeon 9800Pro

I think there is a bug with buying armor plates and hull armor. If you buy plasteel armor first, you can buy tungsten armor as well and have both fitted. According to visible stats in-game, this is no better than having only tungsten, but as for what happens "under the hood" so to speak I have no idea. As it was not possible to buy plasteel armor after buying tungsten I do believe it is a (very minor) bug tho.

(I'm using the windows version)

Back