Fans getting ready for the upcoming Flat Universe tournament have noticed that the core game download has been temporarily suspended. This is in preparation for major updates set to launch soon that will be highlighted in the impending competition. On top of some major bug fixes, there will also be a host of new features and additions. It sounds really cool - I'll let the Maslas Brothers describe the specifics below. We'll be sure to share when the upgrade is available!
In a couple of days, we will release the final version of the launcher only which is going to be smaller in size and seriously debugged (No UAC problems, no compatibility bugs on Windows 10, no download loops etc). With the release of the new launcher you will, at first, be able to download the previous multiplayer version of Flat Universe, and during the weeks that will follow the launcher will upgrade you to the tournament release.
This is just a taste of what is about to come. So stay tuned with this forum and Enlist Now! As always, thanks for the support and understanding.
- Two new light fighters to fly with given by DefianceIndustries. The Banshee and the Talon (the Retro version) with LOD, damage effects and custom cockpits as always.
- The leech guns. With the introduction of the Banshee the Leech guns are also going to be available. Enjoy disabling your opponents and then take your time with them.
- G-effects. Yup your pilot will fadeout on persistent hi G maneuvers.
- Updated graphics engine with marvelous new explosions and damage effects.
- Better calibrated Quality Selector that benefits the performance of the game on boxes with lower specs and capabilities. However, from now and on Windows XP will not be supported any more guys, we are really sorry for that.
Wing Commander Meme of the Day: Alignment Chart
This is pretty good... (2018-09-20)
Wing Commander Art Portfolio Campaign Announced
Video game artist Mike Winterbauer has shown off the first images of his latest project, a Wing Commander Art Portfolio! Mr. Winterbauer was the person commissioned in 1992 to hand paint the box art for the SNES version of Wing Commander, among many other cool contemporary pieces. (2018-09-19)
Intrepid Enters Spacedock
Spacedock has profiled another Wing Commander vessel! The BWS Intrepid is the star this episode of "Sci-Fi Ships You've Never Heard Of." Daniel, the author, has a huge soft spot for the WC series, and he's especially fond of this one. (2018-09-18)
Sienta la Ciencia y la Ficción
Christian Klein marches ever closer to having a complete set of Wing Commander games translated for Spain. This looks like a pretty thorough job with everything from the box to disc to manuals in Spanish, although no in-game audio has been revamped. The front doesn't have the big Midway flap that opens, but the static front and rearranged rear screenshot collage make it its own unique collectible! (2018-09-17)
Homeworld Mod Locks & Loads
The Homeworld Remastered Mod has gotten another update to more fully implement the fuel & ammunition mechanics that L.I.F. (2018-09-16)