Maslas has posted several new images that reveal the Caernarvon type structure in Wing Commander Flat Universe. In this case, the base is Deadalus Station, which is the outpost popularized at the WCFU website and in its fiction. Be sure to check out the playable Alpha test if you'd like to get a sneak preview of the game in action. The project has also been nominated for an "Indie Game of the Year" award at IndieDB, so head over and help them out by casting a vote if you like what you see!
Wing Commander: Flat Universe is a free fan top down space combat simulator based on the world of the famous Wing Commander Series created by Chris Roberts and Origin. The game is still in Alpha phase and its development is progressing on a regular basis. The game will be released and given to the public on stages. The project development will continue by the MaslasBros until most of the following goals are fulfilled:
- Cross platform support (Windows, Mac and Linux).
- Single Player Campaing mode.
- Multiplayer mode (both LAN and OnLine).
- Mission Editor for both single and multiplayer modes.
- A wide range of warbirds from all factions (Confed, Border World, Kilrathi, Black Lance).
- Numerous weapons. From basic laser blasters to mace nuclear missiles.
- Addictive gameplay that will blow you away. Including shields, capacitors, power management, damage modeling.
- Spectacular 3d graphics. With more than 20 impressive systems to travel to.