Tactical WC Mod Implementing Enhanced Gamification Ideas
The ongoing beta test of the WC Generals fan-made strategy game has helped refine the mechanics and fix a handful of bugs, but creator Ron B thinks there's some untapped potential out there. He's going back to basics and looking at how to make the experience more competitive and engaging. Other players are coming up with good ideas, and a tentative list of improvements has been started below. If you'd like to add to the feedback, stop by the CIC Forums. There's some bonus screenshots below as well, or new players can also poke around the testbed themselves here.
I was taking a long hard look at the game playability factor. The game dynamics are working fine, but there is no fun factor or punch to it. After all a game must have a gamification element.
So I went back to the drawing board and have started on the following update:
- Players start with a nice back story and unique profiles such as raider, merchant, fleet, militia etc.
- Players start with a very small fleet which they need to grow.
- Multiple sources of credit and freebies when capturing installations.
- Game wide comm between players and in game updates and announcements.
- More failure points like engine malfunctions and crew mutinies.
Would love your views on the above.
Follow or Contact Us