Avacar reports that development continues on Wing Commander TacOps Online. Most of the play mechanics are nearly complete, so the project's schedule has been adjusted in order to get a suite of tools in place that will help game masters run their own campaigns. WCTOO is an electronic version of a popular fan made tabletop WC game. Curious Wingnuts can see the latest digital build here.
This brings us to Phase 6. Throw out all my old timelines and schedules; I've lost track of what was supposed to get done during the Alpha Phase 6. This is the new plan:
- Create a new overlay which allows "game managers" to edit ship stats on the fly, add new ships, delete ships, etc.
- Update the "game" database to include more information about who runs a game, who has permission like a manager for a game, etc.
- Update the user table to enable reverse game lookups, i.e. have games you're members of listed for you.
- Rebuild the front area to no longer be like the old WCTO page, but instead better reflect the fact that this is a dynamic site with updating games. Add features like "your games" "watch games" "create games" etc.
- Call for suggestions on the UI from users (all those ideas i've told you to hold on "until the future") and try to implement them.