With capital ships now feature-complete, it is time to announce 2 new test games. Meanwhile, I believe Game 5 will continue pointing out some of the limitations of the large-format maps which I haven't worked around, and Game 6 will continue to be used by me alone for Cap ship testing. Both games are going to follow a few basic rules, but they will be fundamentally different. Here are the commonalities and rough instructions for posting:
You may apply to both games. When applying (via post below) please list your preference if you can only get into 1 game. The games will both be player-limited, and I will try to sort it out so that the most people can get into their 1st choice. If we are short on pilots, I will happily allow people into both games, on a first-applied, first-served basis. Since the game doesn't understand 'teams' yet, both games will be split Terran/Kilrathi. You will be playing on the race-appropriate team with other human pilot teammates. For simplicity, both games will have all pilots set at 'Normal' pilot skill, to eliminate this variable from the testing.
Game 7: Collisions and Line of Sight: This will be a 3 on 3 dogfight in an asteroid field. I will also be dropping in a transport or cap ship in the center. This will be on a very small map, so avoid boosting off the edge! (20x20 squares)
1. Smash into asteroids at high speeds
2. Confirm asteroids provide LOS block
3. Confirm Capships provide LOS block
4. Defeat opposing race
1. Each player may choose one medium and one light fighter from their respective race.
2. Please specify your race/team, and your 2 ships in your post below. If you are willing to fly either race, specify 4 ships (2 each side) but also list your preference, in case I can accommodate it.
Game 8: Carrier Battle: This will be a 4 on 4 battle. Each side is allowed 1 carrier, 1 destroyer, and 1 Cruiser (or Corvette). Additionally, each side may field up to 5 bombers, 5 heavy fighters, 5 medium fighters and 10 light fighters.
1. Find flaws in Capship movement and combat
2. Fire capship weapons
3. Test flak fields (fly into them if you have to)
4. Find flaws with fighter/capship interactions (inappropriate weapon targeting, etc.)
5. Destroy the enemy Carrier (worth 5 points, +3 points for destroying the Destroyer, +2 for the Cruiser)
1. I will hand out the 6 cap ships on a first-come-first post basis.
2. No one may pilot more than 1 cap ship
3. Cap ships pilots may not also pilot bombers
4. Each player may pilot 16 points worth of ships. For this purpose, all cap ships will count as 8 points.
5. Please list your preferred race and ship set. Unlike Game 7, you may not list for both sides, so pick carefully, on a first-come-first served basis.
6. When listing your ships, please take into account what has already been posted for your side, such that you do not exceed the team limits. Incorrect posts will result in either me assigning arbitrary ships to you, or worse, forfeiture of play if we have too many applicants.
* Post to join
* List preferred game if applying to both
* Game 7: List preferred side, and ships
* Game 8: List side, ships, and be careful not to exceed already claimed team limits by other players
Check back here frequently!
Barring further announcement below, everyone has 1 week to apply. Deadline closes Sunday, March 4th at the last midnight globally. Both games will start at some announced point after that, likely within the following week.
Good Luck Pilots!