The current demo shows the helpless Midway on a course as far away from the Solar System as possible before sadly meeting its firey end. This release may be considered by some (especially those who consider Adm Blair still alive) a tragedy... but I consider it a celebration.... because with blowing up Midwaycomes 2 things:
a) blowing up
b) Midway!!! (and all other Wing Commander ships thus far) both happening in Vega Strike!!! Good times! And better ones to come:
Here are some of the newest features:
- Vegastrike 0.0.4 is here and ready to download for Windows or Linux!
- It features XML starship format with support for tristrips, trifans, and quadstrips as well as normal polygons.
- There is an active obj-> xml and 3ds-> xml converter (and a texturizer).
- A preliminary AI is being built around the developed quaternion physics.
- Explosions are beautiful.
- Objects may now be destroyed without causing major havoc!
- There is some problem about an illegal operation upon quit in windows...I haven't been able to reproduce it in debug mode.
- Speed has been improved 10fold since 0.0.3 release by grouping and minimizing calculations.
- Logos have been added and fixed up.
- Textures can now be deleted mid-game.
- Subunits (eg turrets) can be placed at various angles and positions.
- Keyboard queue has been fixed up some.
- Lots of small improvements! and many more to come!
There are a lot of Wing Commander fans in Brazil -- but they don't usually get their own news. Today is different, though, as Delance reports that Telecine, a Brazilian Cable TV station, will be showing the Wing Commander Movie four times this month! You can read about it here. Showtimes as follows...
May 8th, 1:20 AM
May 8th, 8:25 AM
May 16th, 5:30 PM
May 17th, 4:45 AM
Delance also notes that the same channel will be showing a Star Wars marathon, which includes Phantom Menace, this month as well.