Zerg Rush / Paladin's On Our Side (August 19, 2007)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Chris (not Reid) has found an interesting article at 1Up: a StarCraft II preview which compares the game to Wing Commander III! In fact, it's subtitled "Single-player campaign = Wing Commander?":
The big departure from StarCraft is that story won't be doled out only in cut-scenes and through in-game conversations. Instead, in between missions, you'll get to control Jim on board the battle cruiser Hyperion, interacting with different elements of the ship and chatting with shipmates in role-playing-game style conversations with branching dialogue trees. The way you navigate the ship (click on a control panel, point of interest, or character milling about the deck) is reminiscent of a modern-day Wing Commander III or IV, only minus Mark Hamill and giant kitty puppets.
You can read the whole thing here.

--
Original update published on August 19, 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
wow cool. I wonder will it be rendered custscenes or it will be on the game's engine. I miss so much the CG.

Personally I think it will be engine-rendered stuff, but hey... maybe Blizzard will surprise as here as well? Privateer style conversation? hehehehe

There will be pre-rendered cinematics for the intro and main acts probably and game-engine rendered story sequences between missions -- check out the Starcraft 2 videos here, particularly the Storymode Walkthroughs from Blizzcon to see this in action.

Back