Zelda Movie...

One of the guys doing the World of Warcraft movie pointed out something that very few people understand recently: games shouldn't be made into movies because they're popular. Consider: if the five million (at most, likely significantly fewer) people who buy a new Zelda game all buy tickets to see a Zelda movie then it will be a huge blunder. There's no easy transition from games to movies - owing to their higher pricetags, games are considered successes with a fraction of the audience needed to make a movie a hit.

So... tell us why Zelda is especially compelling story versus a thousand similar fantasy novels and comics and original scripts and so forth (most of which *don't* have the built in stigma of being adapted from video games). If there's a reason (and I don't know either way - it's quite possible that there is), then you have something.

I blame the theme song for being so damned catchy!

Link.. he come to town.. he come to saaave the princess ze-eldaaaaa....!

Link.. he come to town.. he come to saaave the princess ze-eldaaaaa....!

If a System of a Down were in I'd be sure to buy a ticket. :cool: The plot is more suited to games, collect three thingys to use the temple of time, save seven other peoples to set things right in the future. Why would the mainstream want to watch Link soling around in seven or so different dungeons, collecting spiders and fighting bosses?

Back