Your own ideas for weapons/equipment for WC?

And turn it into really heavy beads falling from the sky as it would solidify again before hitting the ground....

I'd like to see a towing adapter be for new WC games. Like on a fighter, the towing adapter could fire the towing cable at an object to tow it. This way, I could use an Arrow, or an Avenger, or whatever to tow another fighter. The towing adapter would use a gripper claw to grab hold of the target.

WTF is wrong with just using a frikkin tractor beam? Why do you need a cable? :(

And while everyone is talking about doing gay little things like dissabling ships and towing them to grandma's house, what about an acid warhead? I mean something like industrial acids on steriods. That could always be interesting in a uselessly complicated way. ;)

[stupid]Oh oh I got one! You should be able to pick a special warhead instead of a torpedo: an unfurlable xxx pinup.[/stupid]

RyanCole said:
I'd like to see a paintgun be placed on fighters. It would be used to blind fighter canopies. This way the fighter pilots wouldn't be able to see out. They'd have to call for someone to pick them up or run the risk of flying blindly through asteroids back to their capship to get their paint rubbed off.

You know, if you could hit them with paint would you not hit them with bullets instead?

RyanCole, what you have posted now is NOT what you had posted before. Judging from the edit time, I'd say you edited your entire post about an hour after I nailed you. Your idea from before was something akin to an unfurlable screen to stop planets from recieving sunlight.

Just wanted to point that out to anyone who didn't see it. Good BS should never be allowed to escape.

What's wrong with just shooting the enemy?

The longer you toy with them, the longer they have to fire real weapons while your too busy with your paintguns/cables/polymers/George Washington Cherry Trees/etc.

Overmortal, you should have quoted his post on your reply. That way, he can't weasel out of responsibility by editing his original post.

Maybe Icewolf should come in here and talk all about his new Vampire C cloak. He gave the Aces quite a "nice" experience with his shitty-ass tech ideas, and he's starting to infect this board too.

Bob McDob said:
Judging from the IPs, he IS Joshua.

I was going to mention something about guessing that, but I couldn't post from work. :/

But the ideas DO sound a lot alike, don't they? Lacking any common sense or comprehension about WC's universe.

People should learn to do reverse DNS lookups so they realize when IPs are for the AOL proxy and it's possible, as such, that they're horribly wrong since, because it's an AOL proxy, there are at least several users already that appear to post from the same or similar IPs.

TC said:
People should learn to do reverse DNS lookups so they realize when IPs are for the AOL proxy and it's possible, as such, that they're horribly wrong since, because it's an AOL proxy, there are at least several users already that appear to post from the same or similar IPs.

I would say the problem is less the IPs and more the similar disregard for what already exists in game (grappling cables to tow ships instead of tractor beams) and an inability to read other people's posts to take them into account (unless you count his editing). Plus the 'paintball' gun idea sounds a lot like the Glow missile, save that it blinds the pilot and ignores the fact that they'd have to get through the shields first, just like the Glow.

Anyone else would've learned from that mistake.

Hey, Haesslich, the pain idea is so freaking stupid that probably windshield wipers would counter it...

Actually, the paint would freeze on the windshields given the vast coldness of space. The trick is to heat the paint in the ammo bay so that when it is fired out it's still a liquid, then after it impacts the windshield it freezes on the windshield. I would be willing to batter down the shields and then immediately use the paintgun on an opposing fighter. This is much more entertaining and challenging to try to capture fighters, than destroy them.

And dacis2 what do you have against the stuff you didn't want posted?

Also, you're stupid.

"Hey, look! I'm going to risk my life being an idiot trying to capture people using odd schemes and plans that don't work very well!"

I was thinking a LOAL missle system would be nice for WC, expecially for torpedoes (I can't remember if we already talked about this). A scout could paint a target (using EM radiation, not like paint from a paintball gun) and the bombers could fire away at close range and still be able to maneuver without losing the lock and avoid excessive flak and antimatter rounds.

Back