Your first WC game

Ya gotta love WC...
Isn't that because you are an honorary fan?
smile.gif

Hey... if you're sick of the US of A, come to Canada!
biggrin.gif

If anyone can think of something 'wrong' about Canada, I'd be surprised; to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're destroying the great bear rainforest.
mad.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

First Wc game that got me hoked was WC2, I got it with my first cpu in a 10 games pack since them I have been hooked. Never played armada or could find privater 1 though
frown.gif

Metras: Let's see...they stole all the non-Disney voice acting from here in the USA(which pisses me off) a canadian is the Next Anakin(Well, I'm not that pissed, but they should have picked Mark Hamill's kid Nathan. At least he LOOKS the part of Luke's relative. At least it wasn't DiCkaprio), THey have plans to conquer the world(though, who doesn't?), THey are destroying a LOT of their forests...should I go on?

Metras said:
If anyone can think of something 'wrong' about Canada, I'd be surprised; to say.

Not quite wrong, but I can think of some 'bad' things to say
smile.gif
I had a joke someplace about Canada. Something along the same lines as the Delta joke.

D.E.L.T.A. Don't. Ever. Leave. The. Airport.

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Administrator: UBW 5th Fleet
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
I might be right, I might be wrong, but then again, I just might not care either. Got a problem with that?--Me.

Wait... Cmdr_X, you don't want them to choose an actor for the way he looks (ie., DiCarpio), but you'd like them to pick a different person because of the way he looks? That's not only hypocritical (sp.), it's just dumb
smile.gif

I find it highly amusing how the Americans always go all environmentalist when talking about Canada, while forgetting about all their own environmental screw-ups. I mean, I can't even count the number of news stories that I've seen about problems with overlogging in the US.

What I'm basically saying is, let him who is innocent throw the first stone.
Or, if you prefer the non-biblical version, people in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks
smile.gif

Quarto, it's an inside joke. It's not surprising that non-North Americans don't get it.

------------------
Meson

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

Actually, that is something that is not considered a joke up here.
Non-North American or not, he has a point.

"He who writes history is always the victor".

Besides, isn't Canada not the number one county on the UN for support?
biggrin.gif

Then there is Americans over-fishing Canadian waters...
Rainforest reconstruction in Canada is booming. In the next 30 years we should have a substantial amount of the rainforest regrown from the reconstruction project that came right after the war.

Well... we may have political problems with our 'warring' parties (which is of no surprise these days, we even have a whole comedy show [Royal Canadian Air Farce] on the politics and parties of Canada [which is a hoot, I assure you]).

Hmph... besides, 20% of Americans still think that most of us still live in Igloos. 70% still call the Inuit 'Eskimos' (which the Inuit do NOT like being called).

And what's this with us trying to 'take over the world'. What are you talking about? Point your finger at America, because you guys are really the only 'super-power' left on this rock...

Well... okay fine... there was the war of 1812... but that was almost two centuries ago.

Nation(s) or not, you can't separate us in terms of parties. I, myself, do not believe in any god or deities.
Just look what happened to the Cro-Magnons? We bonked their head 'somehow' into submission.

Have to admit, I may be Canadian; but when you refer to Canada as a 'whole' to use as artillery against me, its all null. I'm Canadian, meaning I'm a 'political citizen' of this 'country'.

Same rock, same system.

I think we should all drop it. These kind of conversations can turn ugly, and may even wound someone's national pride.
wink.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

I live in the #1 rated city, in the #1 country in the world for standard of living. Otherwise you know what my feelings are, and if you don't you're an idiot.
smile.gif

*And with that TC exits this thread*

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

I always thought Canada was a U.S. state that was in denial
smile.gif

One of my favorite bands, Moxy Fruvous is Canadian.

Oh my, I should have known better than to stir this thing up
smile.gif

Well, just try not to declare war on the Americans, eh Metras?
smile.gif

Metras said:
Hmph... besides, 20% of Americans still think that most of us still live in Igloos. 70% still call the Inuit 'Eskimos' (which the Inuit do NOT like being called).

Imagine how pissed they would be at the flak they would catch should they have been named the "Intuit." Sorry about that, had to say it. the Intuit Inuits.
smile.gif
Has a nice ring to it
smile.gif

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Administrator: UBW 5th Fleet
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
I might be right, I might be wrong, but then again, I just might not care either. Got a problem with that?--Me.

tongue.gif

Just don't say that infront of an Inuit, and you'll be fine! Really!
biggrin.gif

Okay okay.. I'll try not to declare war on 'em (besides, our militiary force would be completely flattened before any plane gets off the ground... I think they call them 'nukes'???)
*shrugs*

We wouldn't even need to use nukes.
biggrin.gif

My hometown was burned to the ground by Canadians. It was during the War of 1812, but hey.

------------------
Meson

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

TC said:
I live in the #1 rated city, in the #1 country in the world for standard of living. Otherwise you know what my feelings are, and if you don't you're an idiot.
smile.gif

*And with that TC exits this thread*

TC

vancouver?

Uhm, Metras, we are the cro magnons. Well, close enough anyway.

Another bad thing about Canada: You gave us William Shatner! *shudder*

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Bill Shatner kicks ass! He's cool, people just don't realize it.
biggrin.gif

He also shares my birthday, which is kind of cool.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

No, we're not, No Regret. The Cro-Magnons died out. Of course, some probably would have interbred with other species of Humans, in the same way Neanderthals are believed to have interbred with Homo Sapiens (note that I say "believed"; they have no conclusive proof either way).

Who the hell is Bill Shatner?

Back