You want WCA?

TyeDyeBoy

Spaceman
Move fast, people, time is short.

For a very, very, very limited time, I've got ALL the WCA episodes up for you. The CIC will announce it shortly, but every second is precious, so I'm announcing it here myself. Want one? Go to http://207.141.150.157/wca. You can get them all there. Try not to download all at once, just fill in the ones that you don't already have from the cycle.

Read the info on the page, and stick to it. I don't want to every hear any of you ask why we don't host all at once again.

TyeDye

Will they be available until sunday 2400 CET (monday 6am ET) ?
I can surf/download for free without limit only on sunday:(

Thanx for providing us with the episodes :)
They are way better than the RM's. Are the AVI's the best quality WCA files one could get on the web?

Respectfully,
Eleazar

We can get better, but as big as these files are, anything more would be easily over 100mb each.

As for when they'll go down, that depends. I estimate I can keep them up until Tuesday, but there's no way I can guarantee this. I'm essentially stealing this server at work. I doubt they'll notice (I'm supposed to be using it to work on something, and I am, I'm just using it for this as well), but when they do, it'll go down right away. If they're still up by about 2 AM GMT tomorrow, it should be up through at least Monday morning. So at the least you can get one or two episodes.

But move quickly! If you can't get them yourself, have a friend do it, if they can burn them to a CD or something. Fast in fast out is the order of the day.

The dot accidentally got included in the link, so you ended up with a 404 (unless you noticed). I've edited it out.

Actually, these are about the best quality we can get -- the source AVI's (900 meg+ files) look no better than the DivXs.

Well thanks for risking your livelyhood. No one wants you to loose a job over cartoons! It would be nice if these things didnt end up in the temp internet folder! They do the same from other sites too so not blaming.

RFB

[Edited by RFBurns on 04-05-2001 at 18:56]

You are doing the mouse dance, live with it.

Don't be to worried about me. Losing my job is just an absolute worst case scenario, and that'll only happen if the wrong people happen to take an interesting in this server: they normally don't. The only ones that would are other admins, and the worst I'd get from them is a smile, a scolding, and tips on how to hide it better next time.

Come to think of it, I know how to hide it better as it is. Oh well. This'll work.

Still, those wrong people could look, and I just hope they don't. =)

Speaking of converting to DIVX, is there a program that lets you take a regular AVI and compress it to DIVX?

Originally posted by RFBurns
Right, left, up, down, side to side

Just like making love!

I used a program called VirtualDub to convert the AVIs to DivX... you have to have the codec installed first.

How are you gentlemen?

All your WCA are belong to us.

You are on your way to destruction.

You have no chance to survive, make your time.

Ha ha ha ha.

Wow - that server was awesome!! Nice and quick even down here on the end of the world, and I managed to get all the episodes I don't have in less than a day!

Thanks TyeDye - I'm forever in your debt (but don't try and call the debt in anytime soon :) )

Much appreciated !!

Back