You Silly-Billys... :p

Sandwich

Spaceman
I love it. :D http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,39968.0.html

So anyway, how go things? I don't think I've ever gotten around to posting here before. Is your community still alive and kicking? :) You know we've all got to hold down the fort until our beloved space-sim genre gets revived (where's Miracle Max when you need 'im?), so, from all (ok, most) of your cousins over at HLP: Keep the fires burning! ;)

Hey, welcome to the forums. The community is more alive than it's ever been. There's also alot of fan project and stuff keeping it that way.:)

Now we finally know how the CIC staff is affording all those Porsches and Corvettes that constantly clog up HQ's car park. Its a great concept tho: "We don't sell, so pity us and throw us money!"

Great job, Sandwich.

I hope you guys don't take this the wrong way, but we've been planning for a while now to replace those Clicksor ads we were running with something better behaved; although Clicksor should have been serving up nothing but text and image banner ads, they inserted those evil inline word ads as well, slowed down the forums tremendously, and we even got reports of spyware exploits through their ads. So they (and with them, I'm sorry to say, your ad) got the boot this morning. For now we don't have anything to replace it with, although I'm working on that as I type this.

Sandwich said:
I hope you guys don't take this the wrong way, but we've been planning for a while now to replace those Clicksor ads we were running with something better behaved; although Clicksor should have been serving up nothing but text and image banner ads, they inserted those evil inline word ads as well, slowed down the forums tremendously, and we even got reports of spyware exploits through their ads. So they (and with them, I'm sorry to say, your ad) got the boot this morning. For now we don't have anything to replace it with, although I'm working on that as I type this.

I think we'll manage, thanks for the heads up. :) Hopefully you guys got to the payout level.

Our ad campaign ended a few hours before you posted that when the reserved funds ran out.

388,152 ad impressions for 201 clicks. (0.05% clickthrough rate).

388k impressions? Unless you were running that for... almost a month, you must be counting some impressions from other sites on the Sucksor-err, Clicksor network; HLP "only" gets between 10-15k pageviews per day.

Back