You really CAN find Everything on eBay...

No, the Union of Border Worlds builds a new megabigsupercarrier each week. Each one is personally designed and constructed by Col.Blair, to fight evil Confed oppression.

psych said:
So this is how the Union of Border Worlds buys carriers? :)

That explains the BWS Independence, doesn't it?

Now I just need to find out if a user called 'AdmGeoffreyTolwyn' exists or not. :D

<ChrisReid> don't buy aircraft carriers from people who misspell words in the ebay listing title

The person didn't mention the odd customized cesna that could land on the deck and/or explode.

Actually, are you willing to part with $90 million to someone with *ZERO* feedback on eBay?

Wow a vintage WWII aircraft carrier. I remember reading my old air war books about a british carrier that served in the pacific near the end of the war. It has a steel flight deck, unlike american and japanese that used wood, the said that normal bombs merely left dents in it's flight deck.

I can't remember it's name, but knowing the british it was something like Invincible, Indomitable, Victory or something like that.

Yeah, I think they did, after the kamikaze attacks began. I think the British were the first ones with the stuff though.

And Worf: There's that bit at the bottom of this mentioning that EBay can provide inspections before the exchange is complete, so in case it IS a hoax...

Other than that though, wow. An aircraft carrier being sold to the public...

Not too different from guns, jets, and tanks being sold to other countries, only they seems to imply the ship has been stripped of it's armaments.

t.c.cgi said:
Not too different from guns, jets, and tanks being sold to other countries, only they seems to imply the ship has been stripped of it's armaments.

Well, there's a difference between selling instruments of war to another nation and selling them to a person.

De-fanged military vehicles DO get sold to private owners, though usually it's older stuff. There was one rare incident a few years back where an F-18, demilitarized, got out on the market.

I think the guy who plays Worf on Star Trek has his own Korea War-era jet. Think it might be a Sabre.

Never have I seen, though, a warship - an AIRCRAFT CARRIER - for sale, for individuals, not a nation. That's really something.

Back