You prefered simulator ship?

RATM

Spaceman
Pretty self explainatory. Which ship is your favourite during those gauntlet missions in the sim?

I'm personnally having truck loads of fun with the speedy Arrow. That thing is so fast I coudln't care less if it only had one laser and no missles --that is if they'd give it an extra 100 kps-- it's damn nimble. Though I can see it get obliterated by multiple FF missiles, even though it outruns them.

So yes, fun times in the paper-thin Arrow.

I'm really fond of the Morningstar...3 particle cannons and a tactical nuke...need I say more?

Morningstar is great but im all about the epee! shes fast and bites hard. Give the epee a nuke and lemme at em.

True the Epee has far more firepower than an Arrow. Got to admin putting Particle Cannons on that thing was crazy. But the lasers have a surprisingly fast recharge rate (as opposed to WC1) and have crazy long range. But I'd guess if an Epee would find its way in an Arrow's tail, the later would bite it due to the massive damage the heat seeker and guns could do.

Edit : Moral being don't get tailed in an Arrow.

I'd have to say my favorite simulator ship is the Rapier. The almost perfect balance of Speed, Agility, Defensive Shields and Weapons. The only downside to the Rapier is if you lose your Shields the armor is a bit on the thin side. But a good ship in any case.

The Epee is surprisingly good in this game, she can take more punishment then in WC2. But personaly I still feel safer in a heavier ship, but thats just my opinion and fighting style.

The Wraith is... well a super ship to say the least. A Crazy loadout of two Particle Cannons and Two Neutron Guns gives her unrivaled firepower. And a top speed of 600KPS allows her to outrun any ship with the exception of an Arrow.

And of course if an arrow is on your tail it'll stay there! :p That is unless you can pull a full stop and make it overshoot so you can blast that pesky thing.

I tried so hard to like the rapier but it seems like I just can't stand to fly medium fighters. The rapiers just destroy me every time they show up in the confed guantlet but for the love of god I just can't fly them worth ****.

Ive done pretty well in the Crossbow even though I don't enjoy flying it that much. My Favorite? Well thats a toss up besides the Wraith I like the Epee and Sabre. But I mostly fly the Morningstar so I would say the Morningstar is my Favorite.

Oh the Rapier, beyond any doubt. It's such a wonderful fighter and it's always the best no matter what game you're playing (WC1, WC2, Standoff). It's fast, it's manueverable, it's got tough shields, a fine missile loadout, and strong guns. Like someone already said, it has the attributes of all other WC ships blended perfectly into one package. I've loved the Rapier since I first flew it in the Gimle System oh so long ago.

I like the Rapier in-game, because I find it more manuverable than the Sabre while still packing quite a nice punch (at least better than any other fighter i've had to fly off the Firreka).

In the simulator? Morningstar, all the way. I've been a heavy fighter jock for a long time - the Raptor's just too dang big though. The Morningstar has the firepower, speed, agility, and durability needed to get the job done. Kamehks fall before me, and so do any fighters foolish enough to not manuver.

My favourite sim ship has to be the Wraith. It's just so over the top with guns shields and maneuverability. It's the kind of ship that Iceman would fall in love with at first sight and I'm the kind of person that relies on speed in a fight.

The WC2 Rapier was awful, but in Standoff it's excellent. Almost as good as the Epee, which I thought was quite decent in WC2 as well.

Dyret said:
The WC2 Rapier was awful, but in Standoff it's excellent. Almost as good as the Epee, which I thought was quite decent in WC2 as well.
Probably has to do with the fact that the Rapier and Épée's lower profile actually makes a difference when being shot at in Standoff.

Hm, haven't played it too much yet, so I'm not sure about which ship I prefer most here... Still I always liked the Sabre back in WC2 because of its multi-role features - not too bad speed, not too little shields/armor, a decent armament including torpedoes, and, best of all, even a turret to make me worry less about my rear :) . Yet the turrets are a bit different here in the WCP-engine, and I miss their radar with its white delimiters that directly show me if I should switch back into the cockpit to get the target into my firing cone...

Aside from this there are lots of nice ships - the Morningstar (which I liked nearly as much as the Sabre in WC2) is good, though I don't like the Mace to only have a disc-shaped blast effect (but then, that's engine limitations) ; the Arrow is pretty fast and thus fun to fly ; and the Gladius sort of surprised me with how good it works, though it seems to have rather weak shields/armor. However, even if its loadout is comparable to the Gladius, it seems I haven't (yet) found in the Rapier what others seem to have found in it... need to keep searching ;) .

And I have to agree with Lt.Death100, the Dragon is a very good ship (have never seen another 3D-model quite like it) , but what impresses me most on it despite its other "super-ship"-stats is its unlimited afterburner, so I'd be happy with most any (reasonably fast) ship that has this...

I always use the Mace on wave 5 in the gauntlet and usually get 2-4 kills with it...same with high waves

I hate to repeat what everyone else has said, but I'm going to have to go with the Rapier. It's guns pack about as much punch as a Sabre, but it seems like they have longer range. A smaller cross-section is nice, too. Its only drawback is the no ITTS, but it doesn't seem to hamper my performance for some reason.

The Epee and Morningstar would probably fall #2 and #3; the Epee's paper-thin armor forces me to use my ABs more frequently, and the Morningstar's just got a bigger cross-section.

well, for power i like the wraith but the odd thing is i seem to do better in the stiletto than anything else, i have no love for that little ship in the campaign, but in the sim it does pretty well.

-brad

Cardinal said:
I hate to repeat what everyone else has said, but I'm going to have to go with the Rapier. It's guns pack about as much punch as a Sabre, but it seems like they have longer range. A smaller cross-section is nice, too. Its only drawback is the no ITTS, but it doesn't seem to hamper my performance for some reason.

The Lasers on the Rapier have a range almost twice as long (4000 or so) as the Mass Drivers on the Sabre (about 2000). Thus, the Rapier can hit with all of its guns out to full range, while the Sabre can only hit with its Particle cannons at long range and must get in closer to use all of its guns.

Dyret said:
Then again, the Sabre does more damage up close.

Well, the Sabre is NOT a dogfighter. Think F-4 Phantom's; they pack some serious power, but it can't turn well at all. It's a straight-line fighter that has to deal with its enemy on the first pass or else it's in trouble. That's how I view the Sabre. It does have the damage, but it can't turn very well. Also, it might pack more close-in punch, but it can't use it quite so well because at that point most people are turning already. I do not like Sabre's in dogfights.

However, going up against a capship is a very very different thing...

Back