You know you're an idiot when....

Not necassarily. Manuals are great bathroom readers. I have most my computer game manuals in the bathroom.

Well, I don't feel so bad anymore then. I agree totally....nothing is better than studying ship configs or comparing missile payloads from the latrine. Wow, that almost sounded derrogatory. :)

The Privateer one is good. It's got that great story in the middle of it. And the Prophecy Gold manual has tons of great stuff in it.

Yeah, Prophecy Gold was huge. I tell you what I miss....I miss the old oversized manuals back in the day before PC game boxes became so regulated.

Here's a picture of the CIC staff and friends chasing down the author of the Wing Commander I manual, so we could have him autograph our big stack of Claw Marks.

2002dc29a.jpg

And here's a picture of us tracking him down again two years later to have him autograph another stack.

https://www.wcnews.com/articles/dcon2004/dc2004dayone13.jpg
dc2004dayone13t.jpg

We win.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a picture of LOAF and me having dinner with the author of the Victory Strek/Prophecy Guide/Confed Handbook/etc.

prem27.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
To the best of my recollection (it was six years ago), we talked about Richard Garriott's house and the possibility that the cut-away Tiger's Claw poster and the Tiger's Claw deck plans in the Confed Handbook might contradict eachother.

Manuals really give the game an extra dimension... I love looking through them and using them while I am reading the novels.

Lunitari said:
You just bid on a classic Wing Commander game on eBay you already own to just get the manuals.
I almost did that to get extra copies of the blueprints from WC for the Hornet, Scimitar, Raptor, and Rapier. After thinking about it I realized the copier at work would make exact duplicates, size and color. Now they are on the ceiling in my office above the WC shrine. :D

Back