You guys gotta get rid of the taunts.

But one taunt I did wish the Kilrathi would have thrown at us in-game was, "Bugs Bunny screws his mother!"

Actually, at one point I'd re-recorded all of the wc3 kilrathi taunts using my own voice technique and a filter I borrowed from the Saga project. I threw that one in there just for laughs, but there was some reason that Quarto and whoever else decided just to go with the original wc3 files instead. I was a little dissappointed, but they still used my non-filter kilrathi 'privateer' lines. (I kinda wished they'd used the filtered versions of those, too, because IMO they sounded three times better).

Either way, beg 'em enough and they might throw it in. ;)

Actually, at one point I'd re-recorded all of the wc3 kilrathi taunts using my own voice technique and a filter I borrowed from the Saga project. I threw that one in there just for laughs, but there was some reason that Quarto and whoever else decided just to go with the original wc3 files instead. I was a little dissappointed, but they still used my non-filter kilrathi 'privateer' lines. (I kinda wished they'd used the filtered versions of those, too, because IMO they sounded three times better).
Hehe, no, your taunt set is being used too - it's just that it was always intended for the Drakhai, and episode 4 is the first time the Drakhai actually appear.

More to the point though... wow, you're still alive? Haven't heard anything from you on the mailing list for aaages... and we're still waiting on you for those four or five missing lines. Would be good to get those before we hit the release date... ;)

If that doesn't work (on machines like mine) try turning on the Sound Acceleration to just Basic as opposed to all the way off. That's how I run Standoff and I only get com lag on the *BIG* missions where there are tons of ships involved.

Also, if you just want to hear a person swearing constantly and yelling like it was real combat, just ask me to play Arena with you. Anyone who's played with me can vouch that that's mostly what you'll hear.

~~~ yea i can image you sound like most of the people on xbox dead ... oh wait i mean live. But yea Im not too big on the whole swearing type deally more on authentic radio chatter and so forth, if you've seen the new Battlestar Galatica you can kinda get an idea of what Im thinking about.

Otherwise, as for begging them to do some addition voice acting, it dosent seem like a good use of thier time as I would think it would be better spent tooling up their missions to an even higher standard of excellence then they have already reached (might be tough considering the mod is pretty decent). But now that I think about it I have access to professional audio suites at school and might be able to even lend a hand that way although i get the feeling my attempts would probably fall far short of the ideal, but who knows never know til you giver a go.

As for the rest of your guys, ive managed to get the game to work just fine, turns out it was an audio issue and not a processor/gfx issue.

Hehe, no, your taunt set is being used too - it's just that it was always intended for the Drakhai, and episode 4 is the first time the Drakhai actually appear.

Ah, yes! Drakhai. Bring 'em on! Episode 4 just keeps getting better and better.

Getting back to the subject at hand...personally, I enjoy the taunts. Thinking back through all of WC, there were two taunts that I disliked.

• "You cannot defeat the Drakhai", because it seemed to be the only thing they said. (But I'd still like to hear it again in Standoff - hint, hint)
  • "Maybe I'll just negotiate with them today." Again, it was the only thing the guy (someone from WC4?) said. Also, it made the guy sound pretty darn cocky, considering he seemed to eject a heckuva lot of times, usually leaving me in a jam.
At any rate, I think a good rule of thumb is to give any major character at least two taunts, and preferably not make them too long.

Ah, yes! Drakhai. Bring 'em on! Episode 4 just keeps getting better and better.

Getting back to the subject at hand...personally, I enjoy the taunts. Thinking back through all of WC, there were two taunts that I disliked.

• "You cannot defeat the Drakhai", because it seemed to be the only thing they said. (But I'd still like to hear it again in Standoff - hint, hint)
  • "Maybe I'll just negotiate with them today." Again, it was the only thing the guy (someone from WC4?) said. Also, it made the guy sound pretty darn cocky, considering he seemed to eject a heckuva lot of times, usually leaving me in a jam.
At any rate, I think a good rule of thumb is to give any major character at least two taunts, and preferably not make them too long.

You'll see plenty of Drakhai and hear their taunts in Ep4. The bastards are can be murder. :)

And how can you not like Primate's break and attack response? It's actually one of my favorites.

Hehe, I really like the somewhat strange taunts... I don't think games have to take them selves that seriously, or even should. :)

Hehe, I really like the somewhat strange taunts... I don't think games have to take them selves that seriously, or even should. :)

Yeah, every time I hear Popsicle's kill taunt I still laugh..."And Popsicle ices another one..."

And yeah, this is a game, not a historical recreation of an event, it should be both serious and fun, which is what WC and all the fan mods seek. So what if some of them don't sound like real combat chatter, they sound like typical WC chatter to me and that's what I want to hear.

Popsicle definitely has some of the best comms in the game... too bad "When we get back, the drinks are on me!" is often followed by "I must eject!" - maybe Pierre should DLL hack his own AI a bit? ;)

Popsicle definitely has some of the best comms in the game... too bad "When we get back, the drinks are on me!" is often followed by "I must eject!" - maybe Pierre should DLL hack his own AI a bit? ;)

Yeah, and how does he plan to buy all these drinks if he keeps trashing very expensive fighters? I'm sure Confed is keeping track somewhere and I bet that the bill is definitely in the mail :D

"You cannot defeat the Drakhai!" Uh...sure, dude. Now that I've finally watched "300", the Drakhai remind me of the "Immortals". They look bad, they act bad, but they're just as dead when you plink 'em. ;)

"You cannot defeat the Drakhai!" Uh...sure, dude. Now that I've finally watched "300", the Drakhai remind me of the "Immortals". They look bad, they act bad, but they're just as dead when you plink 'em. ;)

Yea there is deffinatly some truth to that statment, but then agian a Drakhai wont staple you to a tree with arrows if you misbehave.

I know this is an old thread, but I'd just like to throw in my two cents that I would love to hear a Kat say "Bugs bunny screws his mother!" in Standoff. It would make my day so much. When I first read that in End Run at age 11 or 12 I thought it was so hilarious... and I felt so bad for the killy Kat saying it. If only they knew ;-).

I know this is an old thread, but I'd just like to throw in my two cents that I would love to hear a Kat say "Bugs bunny screws his mother!" in Standoff. It would make my day so much. When I first read that in End Run at age 11 or 12 I thought it was so hilarious... and I felt so bad for the killy Kat saying it. If only they knew ;-).

I think some lines like that are in the mix for Ep5. Overmortal recorded a bunch of stuff like that.

overmortal said:

Either way, beg 'em enough and they might throw it in.

From a few posts up this thread :D

I was just wondering whether or not you could put anything about Bugs Bunny in this mod? Maybe something regarding his relationship with his mother?

Back