You can buy Talons/Demons?

You can buy talons from all pirate stations including pentonville. You can only buy the talons using the mission computer though. I think I bought my demon from Oxford but I'm not quite sure. There's plenty of them around. You just aren't looking in the right places.

Happy Camper said:
You can buy talons from all pirate stations including pentonville. You can only buy the talons using the mission computer though. I think I bought my demon from Oxford but I'm not quite sure. There's plenty of them around. You just aren't looking in the right places.

I know you can buy ships, but can you fly them? (Eg. Talons and Demon)

Try at New Detroit, New Con, or Perry (they also have best equipment too). Maybe you also need to fly some more to gain respect (just a wild guess). They eventually will appear.

KillerBeer said:
Try at New Detroit, New Con, or Perry (they also have best equipment too). Maybe you also need to fly some more to gain respect (just a wild guess). They eventually will appear.

Do I have to start the main storyline for the ships to appear?

These ships are found in the ship dealer room not in the commerce room right?

Update: I was able to finally buy a demon at New New Constantinople But seems I was only to do this after I joined the mercenary guide.

Here's a hint: while you are busy with the Palan missions, land on either base in that system and look under the Mercenary: light category in the shiplist.

I've finished both main campaigns (Privateer and Righteous Fire) plus the side campaign (Syrai and Soren branch), and have still yet to see a Drayman, despite actively looking for them every time I'm somewhere with a ship dealer. I especially want one so I can see what kind of money there is to be made buying and selling ships; I want to try flying a Paradigm soooo bad, but I also don't want to hex-edit my save to get the needed credits.

As for using a Demon...yeah, they're fun as hell to use, but overall, I think the Centurion is a better choice, since you have the same four guns, but also 4x the missile capacity and L3 shields instead of L2. (Plus, the Demon's reactor and shield capacity don't go up when you reach Righteous Fire; the Centurion's goes up to 4 and 4.)

You can fly all the ships in the game including the steltek ship with a bit a persaverence. I've seen all the non confed ships for sale at one place or other. Just look around and you'll find them.

Solon Halwinder said:
I've finished both main campaigns (Privateer and Righteous Fire) plus the side campaign (Syrai and Soren branch)

There's a side campaign besides the original two?! Where do I go to start this?

KillerBeer said:
Now that was funny. This one doesn't even have an entry in cockpits folder.
Yeah, you have to do some reconstruction your self. I use the kamekh cockpit because you don't have the images of the cockpit so you can see a lot of the ships. You can find the exact specs for flight etc. in the \units\steltek_fighter folder. Whatever you do, leave the jump fuel at 1 not 20000 because otherwise the ship doesn't go anywhere.

Back