You are Cordially Invited... (August 10, 2008)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
To the Wing Commander Combat Information Center's tenth birthday celebration! TONIGHT at 7:00 PM Eastern US (4:00 pm Pacific and 11:00 pm GMT) in #Wingnut!

Featuring...
  • New CIC Material!
  • The first artifacts from the EA Mythic expedition!
  • Wing Commander Armada and Arena pick-up games!
  • Trivia, trivia, trivia - from 'rookie' to 'nightmare'!
  • Prizes of all shapes and sizes!
  • Delicious cake!
  • Charming Conversation from ace, AD, Chris, Frosty, Hades, Kris and LOAF!
  • ... the sad realization that it's been ten years since Secret Ops came out!
So point your IRC client to irc.wcnews.com, channel #WingNut! If you need help with IRC just check our #Wingnut section, or just use our Java Client.[/center]

--
Original update published on August 10, 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
The cake is a lie!
The cake is a lie!
The cake is a lie!
;)

Happy birthday to CIC! I am certainly not the most active member around here but I've been a frequent visitor of the site since...I have no idea...Well before Secret Ops came out... :)

Unfortunately, I'll be at work when you're party is going down but have fun and congrats!

Heh, The sad realization is that that means I'm ten years older than I was when I first stopped in here. I am always amazed that these folks have the same fire for this universe a decade later. It's also nice to see so many new faces in the community over the last couple of years.

I think some congratulations are in order.

Happy Birthday CIC

Congrats!

LOAF,

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it tonight, but I wanted to congratulate you, Chris, and the rest of WC fandom for continuing to kick ass with interesting content and community events. Y'all have done a wonderful job making a seemingly dead, empty combat sim space brighter and a hell of a lot more lively.

I definitely appreciate the tenacity and output of the CIC and remember the--my God, ten years ago already??!!--birth of the CIC.

Keep on keeping on. Rawk.

Beth, formerly of ATFW

Stop in anyways, people are already (12pm EST) starting to drop into #wingnut. It's an all day celebration.

Happy 10 years CIC! For those of us who have been here since the beginning it's been great to watch this place grow from its small beginnings (remember when there was only 1 CIC color, now you all are spoiled) to being the amazing fan site it is today. Congratulations also go out to all the community members who have dedicated their time as well to contributing to the WC community.

Here's to the first 10 years and to 10 more!

Like C0mc0 I may not be an active member of the community, but your site is my number one stop every time I get the urge to play through my favorite game series again and I've been visiting for years.

I'll be happy to join you guys tonight, and it even coincided with my college graduation party earlier today :D.

Happy birthday CIC.

Back