Yippie!! WC soundtrack!

Mad: The CD is purely WC1. I questioned Fatman on why there
would be no WC2 music. His response:

I found old contracts...I don't own WCII--it was a "work for hire."

Still, it is fantastic news that we're getting something have 3 years of nothing. Esp heartening is Fatman's approach on the CD:

I hope to use this WCI album to generate a relationship with EA and get other albums to follow. Wish me luck!

Thanks to everyone for signing that silly little petition here on the CIC! As you see, petitioning can get what we want!

For a follow-up, I'm still in contact with George Oldziey,
and bothering him about a CD from his section of the WC universe. He still hasn't heard from EA Legal about licensing him the rights to the WC music, despite the fact the legal department's representative was suppose to get back to him in May. ARGH.

Anyway, I'll keep in touch with Fatman and let everyone know of up-coming things!

Cheers! And thanks again to you all!

(BTW, to all those nay-sayers, I told you so)

I do honest-to-god hope they have all the tracks, WC has some of the best music of ANYTHING, bar none.

WING COMMANDER LIVES!!!

Hehe... we don't know the details yet, Ghost. It'll probably be available internationally, just pay the S&H.

TC

Silly TC. Haven't you heard, there's a big wall around the US, making it *impossible* for a foreigner to have something shipped to him. There's no point in even trying. Duh.

I WANT

I will do anythign to get my hands on the WC1/2 OST. Umm.. kill? close to :)

I hope it will be avaible in Australia :)

Grrr. Just pay for shipping and handling. It costs like $5 to ship a CD from the US to where I'm at.

Originally posted by KrisV
Silly TC. Haven't you heard, there's a big wall around the US, making it *impossible* for a foreigner to have something shipped to him. There's no point in even trying. Duh.

some companies just refuse to ship out of the states. thats why we are asking.

I'll say it again. Fatman said that the music to WC2 was a "For Hire" score and the rights to the music are owned by EA.

He's hoping that the WC1 soundtrack will open up discussion with EA.

The democratic iron curtain? ;)

RFB

Originally posted by RFBurns

The democratic iron curtain? ;)

RFB

Ahh.. not a problem. We've got plenty of Privateer 1/2
vets, right? Smuggling CDs can't be any harder than
smuggling brilliance.

I can see it now ..

"Prepare to be searched .. Maintain speed and course."
"Contraband WC Soundtracks detected! All units close
and terminate!"

Yeah right. ..

:)

Respectfully,

Brian P.

PS. Many congrats to the folks who have made this happen.
I see that I will shortly have a new CD in my collection.
-- BDP.

[Edited by pendell on 05-30-2001 at 13:41]

It`d be silly not to ship outside the US, after all, a majority of the signatures are from people living outside the States, right?

Anyway, S&H fees for CDs, to Israel at least, is 3.50$ last I ordered one. Shouldn`t be too much of a problem.

Jaysis, people, at least wait for there to be a real problem before complaining about something -- nobody said anything about not shipping outside the US...

Back