Banned
Let me give you my system spec

6 CD version of the game
Windows Xp Pro
Amd 64 Athlon 3000
512 MB Ram
Nivida 6800 graphics card
80 gig hard drive

Anyways I was only able to get the Configure game window once and then from there the intro video i believe locks up Instantly, i can't tell if its an animated background for the menu or an intro video.

I installed the win95 patch and changed the compatiblity to 95 but still locks up at that same spot. I also tried dosbox but it says i can't run it in dosbox.

I looked around on the forums see alot peeps have problems but nothing i could find to fix mine. So Yet another WC4 XP problem thread is started.

Let it begin

WHOOT I was able to skip the begining video by pressing ESC but it seems to be all videos that keep messing my computer up. I haven't been able to play the the first mission it, it also bugged out. But i was able to see the Breifing screen talking about the mission WHOOT. Well anyways any help will be much appreciated

Hey can someone try this, i think it might just because i have a bad cd or something.

Can someone please just go on there game, start a new guy get passed the intro video and mission. Then save and give me the save file? If thats even possible.

Due to the level of detail described here, I think you'll find that any help you get would be at the lowest-common-denominator level. Let it begin -

After applying the Windows 95 upgrade, are you sure you're running the WC4W.EXE application (the one with the red icon), and not the DOS version (blue)

Just a thought...

No i figured out, My game disc looks ok but is really MESSED UP. I am copying the Movie.tre file to my hard drive so far its half way and its taken 6 hours now. I copied the Missions.tre to my hard drive and that was ok, took awhile but I don't know why? For some reason anytime i copy something off that cd it takes a long time.

I don't know if copying the Movie.tre file to my hard drive would be sucess if someone could give me that file or an ISO of cd 1. ~~~ I guess i can't play these games anymore cause its always cd 1 thats messed, Privateer 2 cant play cause disc 1 snapped, now WC4 cause cd 1 is somehow messed up.

/sigh Any extra help like making an iso or transfering Movie.tre file to me would be really appreciated, i been dieing to play a space game on my new projector.

EDIT:

wow you cant say l.o.l ? ~~~

With a messed up disk, there's no way anyone can help you. You're basically SOL until you can get ahold of a set of clean disks.

It also bears noting that you definitely need to start taking much better care of your disks.

Yeah yeah, take better care of discs dearly noted. I did say that my WC4 looks just fine, just for some odd reason its copying things slow. For I.E

When installed the game it took 20 mins, all did was copy around 15 mb? Well now lets do some math, the Movie1.tre file is about 500mb and if i copy 15mb every 20min it should take about 11 hours to copy 500mb from that cd. So far its about 60% done with no windows read error yet and has been running for 6 to 7 hours, its right on track with my math.

Also i am not SOL cause if someone could use PowerIso to make an iso version of just CD 1 not the whole game then i can use it or if the don't feel comfy giving out cd 1, Copy the Movie1.tre from cd 1 to there hardrive and send it to via msn/yahoo/aim. That would be asking alot from someone and I don't expect any results but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Ok, My cd is messed up. It failed to copy the Movie1.tre at 96% after 12 hours of running. Why couldn't it just go to crap after 1 min?

I am not going to be so quick to throw my cd in the trash. I am going to pull out my old computer from storage and then see its still giving me problems.

You think i will problems if its running Win 98? Please tell me now before I run into them.

You know what, I am starting to think it is my dvd drive. It is now actually runing every cd super slow now. So i don't think there is anything wrong with cd.

I installed the game to on my old computer thats runing win98 but dang i still couldn't get the game to work. It just wouldn't open, what it would do is act like its opening but nothing happens. I hit ctr alt del and it says it running but i am still in windows. Yes i downloaded the win95 patch to but still same result. So i was like alright let me use dos, I used dos on a install that is UNPATCHED without the win95 and it bisacally was like dos can't run the program, try making a boot disk. SO i made a boot disk and still couldn't open the game in dos. I don't know what the hell is wrong with this game.

Old computer system specs
Win98
Dvd rom drive
100mb ram
16 mb video card (i think)
10 gig hardrive
Pentium 3

I Got my problem solved, I re-installed my dvd drive and sure enough everything runs fine now. I am back in action.

I want to apologize for an earlier post on the Fan Projects forums for getting angry and lashing out. You guys are supportive with tech issues, i shouldn't ask for any part of the game be it just one cd.

Thanks for the support

Back