yet another fan movie in the works :)

Conrad

Rear Admiral
me and a few of my friends are currently debating the possibity of a wing commander fan movie and heres after one nights worth of work heres what we've come up with so far, aint much as i've only started to make a concerted effort to learn max. but I think it looks real sweet.

Credits:
Planet: Topa
Ships: WCMDF
direction: me

have a look : www.flashbackpictures.cjb.net

heres a sneaky piccy:
messin.jpg

its only real short, but please have a look this test video and tell us what you think!

looks really nice! Did you just insert the modells and made some camera moves or is there more knowhow behind this little teaser? And please don't cancel this project I'm really looking foward to enjoy a good WC film

ahhh thanks

well im still a real bad n00b when it comes to 3ds MAX but i'd did that in a day and is my second video, it took at lot of tweeking as was originally a lot longer but I didn't like the camera movement so i cut it short so to speak. hopefully I'll be able to keep this on track, and make something decent.

It is easy to get the basics I think, now its time for me to learn the hard stuff to make them look nice.

Heres a picture of the TCS trident, the main ship,
trident.JPG

comments?

Is this a Gilgamesh class ship (from WC1/2)? If so how does it fit into the plot? The ships shown in your short movie are Plunkett class' from WCP.

nope this is still yet to meshed, and the movie was just a test video although there will be a scene simmilar to it in the film, as for the Trident shes ment to be a whole new class of ship, I dont remember the Gilgamesh, but i've tried to make it look similar to the stylings of the WCP ships, and the film will be set about 20 years after WC:SO (i think)

I think thats a great idea, 'cause you avoid breaking the timeline. The ship looks great (did you draw it yourself?)! Do you plan to act yourself or will there be animated actors (or any actors at all)?

yeah drawn the ship myself and on the point of actors i think it all depends on how much money we raise, if we have a half - decent amount we would be able to make a blue/greenscreen and get some costumes. and a camera. if we dont we'll probably use 3d actors but then their use would be limited due to rendering time, only time will tell i suppose. still we are going to have to finnish the script before we get ahead of ourselves

Sorry to do this here, but the e-mail function has been "disabled by the admin".

Conrad, could you please drop me an e-mail at kscholl@attbi.com when you have a moment? I have a small favor to ask of you regarding this movie project...

Thanks!

Mmmm fleet maneuvers.. pretty..

The ship/camera motions could use a touch of work, but it is a very nice first step..

This of course, coming from a "master" of 3DStudio.. hehe.. ;)

More.. show us more!

-John:D

expect a new video in the next couple of days, Im gonna try and clean this scene up and make it look a lot better.

an old story I had in the back of my mind,

WING COMMANDER: INSURECTION

Introduction
50 years after the nephilim war, in which the galaxy stood united to destroy the third coming, the galaxy
has had unpressidented peace for half a century, is now once again on the brink of war...

Civil War...

Background
25 years after the third coming Militeristic Kilrathi clans in the Vukar Targ and Trk'Pahn sectors united and
split off from the kilrathi assembly of clans and went to a peroid of isolation for 20 years, they have emerged
as the second most powerful government in known space,second only to Confed. The Vukar alliance has
adopted an agressive stance towards the weak Assembly of Clans and have been performing raids on the
bordering Kilrathi Assembly systems. The alliance has signed numerous trade pacts and Friendship treaties
to the neighbouring "Border Worlds" in particuly the Dakota Triangle in Vega.

The Confederation has settled down, the fleet is in the process of being refitted and many older units
are being replaced, as a result the Fleet is spread very thinly.
Expansion into the Delta Quadrant has brought many riches to the Confederation, however on the extreme
frontier there has been evidence of huge fleet battles which appeared to of involved Nephilim ships. A large
portion of the fleet has been moved to the area in case this mystery war comes our way and because of the
fact that many ships in Dry dock the fleet as a minimal presence in Vega and Gemmini which leaves them
vunerable...

the kilrathi launch an attack upon vega its up to the remaining fleet (containing numerous war relecs) to hold out for as long as possible so the reinforcements can get there.

The Ship
TCS Trident CVZ-7

An Trident class fleet carrier currently the newest addition to the fleet and she is 1st in the line of a proposed compliment of 40.

She is 1000m long and has a fighter capacity of 100 and can hold a number of support craft on board she has a marine
detachment and a crew of about 3000. Moderatly armoured for a ship of her size, she shares many design traights with
the Midway Class. She has a large hanger with four exits and four launch tubes . She has a large complement of Vampires and Devastors on board and currently has 3 wings of 5.

A prety simple story in my opinion but workable, so what do you guys think of this premise?

Wow, I really like that ship design, Conrad. I can definitely picture it as a WCP/SO era ship... blue and gray paintjob, glowing blue things in the front part of the engine blocks... :)

However, I must say that it looks more like a cruiser or a light carrier to me, especially considering the size of those forward turrets compared to the rest of the ship. I'd say that if you really intend her to be a 1km long carrier, you should make those twin bow sections longer, and keep the turrets and also the runways in their current size... and don't forget to write a big-ass "TCS TRIDENT" somewhere :D

--Eder

Well it looks really good so far. Keep up the good work and please for the sake of all Wc fans DONT CANCEL THIS PROJECT!!

thanks for the encouragement, this project hasn't even started to begin, we are going to pen a script soon, and then out line all the stuff which needs to be done etc. hopefully we will see this project to its logical conclusion : ie release to web, but we will see. keep your coments coming please!

I cant remember the exact version of my codec... divx 4.12 so if you get the latest version it should work fine :)

Looks good, though the main carrier's just a bit too plump for my tastes...Also, I don't think Confed desiginates the galaxy into quadrants, a la Star Trek...

You do realize that by setting the plot so far in the future, you might have to create a bunch of new ships, right? ;) Ah well, enough popular fanmades to make this possible...

Back