Yeah, this is a bit off topic...

Maj.Striker

Swabbie
Banned
Not really a WC ship more of a BSG sorta thing but I thought I'd see what you all thought of it. It my first high poly model (18K), I'm thinking about redoing some of the WC models I made (I already touched up the Bengal model) into something more high poly like this. Any thoughts?

wiper.jpg

wiperfront.jpg

wallpaper1.jpg

Looks pretty good. I say if you aren't looking to get your models into a game, don't worry about polycounts at all.

Edit: BTW... if you're looking for feedback to improve on that model, it could use some more detailed mapping. :p

Very impressive design, classical (a bit reminiscent of the Galactica fighters) but with the "feel" of current design favorites - sleek, curved body, contrasted with bracket-mounted engines. Fine work!

[Starts committing heresy by dreaming about possible next-generation WC ship design, and seeing some new models instead of the superbly crafted but old-fashioned recreations for the current projects. Stops himself just in time tp prevent whining.]

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. Dont' worry the next model I post here will be a revamped Raptor (my absolute fave). I just got to get started on it...

You've improved greatly.

Though I prefer the old style Viper my self, it'S a great model. And, is it just me or is the nose inspired by the WW2 british Spitfire?

That looks really cool. But how is the person supposed to get in/out of that cockpit? The engine looks too far over the cockpit for it to open up. Does it slide over? If so is there really enough room for them to get in/out if it does slide over?

Anxiety said:
That looks really cool. But how is the person supposed to get in/out of that cockpit? The engine looks too far over the cockpit for it to open up. Does it slide over? If so is there really enough room for them to get in/out if it does slide over?

Haha, that was the first thing that came to mind AFTER I had finished it. My "off the cuff" answer is that the cockpit slides forward to allow the pilot to crawl out. As you can see the design is based off the Viper from BSG but not quite that same. Lynx, you're right, I did sort of grab hold of the spitfire as a starting point for the nose. (well, in my mind I did, I didnt' bother to look at any photos of either the Viper or the Spitfire so I guess this is more the result of 3d "doodling").

The Cowling looks likes it's from a Gryphon Engined Spitfire

Attachments

• PR Mk XIX BF273-01.JPG
    PR Mk XIX BF273-01.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 75
Back