Yayayaya

This is the stupiest Thread Name I've seen on this board. I'd close it based on that alone if I could.

I am the highest authority on all that is strange and should not be real! Didja know Jerry Goldsmith wore an Ape mask while conducting the score to the original "Planet of the Apes"? :)

No, but I'm proud to have called Ridley Scott at Sheperdon Studios and bickered with him for a good ten minutes for a copy of the Blade Runner workprint. :)

[Edited by LeHah on 07-22-2001 at 10:19]

How I harass celebrities, from Mark Hamill to Ridley Scott, more than 100 stars harassed by LeHah, published by Baen Books.
thumb.gif

Also available by the same author: My cult to Mark Hamill, Wing Commander: The One and Only, and In the head of John LeHahvitch...
smokin.gif

Other people I've hasseled, Mpanty:

*Michael Giacchino, composer for the Medal of Honor game series (doesn't really count, since we're kinda buddy-buddy).

*Zoe Poledouris, daughter of Composer Basil Poledouris (Conan the Barbarian, Starship Troopers), composer for the movie Cecil B DeMented and was featured on the score to Starship Troopers.

*Mike Kyman, Academy-Award winning score composer. X-Men, Brazil, Die Hard, Robin Hood: Prince of Theives.

*Chris Roberts, creator of Wing Commander.

*Magali Gusiachi, Costume Designer on the Wing Commander movie.

*Michael Reeves, Emmy-Award winning writer for Batman: The Animated Series.

*Steve Perry, author of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire and several teleplays for animated series, including Batman. Michael Reeves is his teleplay editor and sometime co-writer.

Theres a few more but I can't think of em. I don't wanna count that prank call to Keanu Reeves anyway. :)

[Edited by LeHah on 07-22-2001 at 10:54]

Basil Poledouris wrote a neat score to Flight of the Intruder. That movie was cool - it was made just before the end of the Cold War and actually had a genuine MiG, not an F-5 masquerading as a [cough] MiG-28 [cough] a la Top Gun. :)

Almost all movies/series have US fighters masquerading Russians fighters (Top Gun, JAG, and others)

Anything Basil writes is brilliant, Pen-Pen. If you grab the 30-track, Mexican release to Starship Troopers, the track Rescue Party sounds like the music that should be played as the Tarawa escapes from Kilrah in End Run! :)

Slide!

True, Basil writes some good stuff. Starship troopers and Conan the Barbarian are my 'picks'. Still, sometimes he lacks originality, e.g. parts of his Robocop soundtrack sound identical to Conan the Destroyer. Not that I'm complaining too much, but a slightly less blatent copy would have been nice.

Watch yourself Az. His Conan the Destroyer is freaking incredible, esp considering the movie it came from. The "Hall of Mirrors" scene?! The music there?! Wow.

My real favs are David Arnold, Elliot Goldenthal and Mike Giacchino though. John Williams is somewhere in there too. :)

Oh, and Fatman :D

You know...

Looking back on this thread, I'm struck by the similarity to something Chip would post. :) I blame politics.

Back