Yay, new Sam N Max!!!

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
Everybody probably knows about the new Sam N Max Episodic series made by TellTale and distributed on Gametap.

Anyone playing it yet?

I waited for yesterday's, Nov. 1, release and preordered the entire season, and finished the first episode, Culture Shock, today.

Anyway, for anyone interested - which is probably nobody but what the heck the euphoria has over taken me, here's my worthless review.

I've always been a big Sam N Max fan, since Lucasarts first hooked me with Hit The Road and the little one page comics in their catalog\newsletters through the animated series. I still play HTR reagularly, thanks largely to the ScummVM utility, not for any sort of challenge, I know all the solutions by heart, but because it's just fun to go through the story.
Culture Shock has the same crazy vibe with a simpler interface. It wasn't to hard to figure out most of the puzzles. The showdown with Brady Culture was the only part that really stumped me, even though I had the right solution in mind I couldn't execute it quite right.
The only real gripes I had were the length, a little too short, and Brady CUlture was a bit of a let down in the end, and sort of annoying. He seemed like a halfassed attempt at embodying Jack Nicholson in a seventies teen idol.

As to being too short that shouldn't be a problem once the whole season is out, it looks like playing through the whole season should deliver something like twice the play as HTR. The sense of humor is still there and there's plenty of side conversations and jokes to keep me going through it, even though the story will keep me coming back to season 1 for the next thirteen years at least.:cool:

Anyway, easy 9 out of 10.

Anybody else playing have an opinion?

I never played any of the old games, so I probably won't get time to try this one, but the entire GameTap system is coming together really well. It operates pretty slick, and it sounds like there will be more new games premiered on the service in the future. It's really cheap too for what you get. There's lots of relatively new games, and various sales you can take advantage of.

Back