Yay Birthday Day!

Kudos! I may not have won any prizes. But that was really fun. Plus I have all this great new stuff to digest for awhile. Thanks guys!

Yep, it was a lot of fun (and that soundtrack is an added bonus - I've always found it amazing that, on top of the regular costs of running the website, you guys manage to find the money to give out so much stuff :)).

By the way, it seems that with all the birthday updates you guys had, one or two got lost - the UE update (which I did email TC about before the birthday, but I guess he didn't have time to pass that on) and the Standoff update (but that one seems to be missing even from the Standoff site, so I'm not sure what's going on with it).

Oh, sorry about that.. I never heard about a UE/standoff update. TC and I spent a lot of time comparing notes, so it must have gotten lost. If you send it through to us, we can highlight it in the coming days.

Sure, I'll do that. Not really surprised that a few things got lost, anyway - this seems to have been the most update-heavy birthday you've had so far ;).

And I missed it :( stupid IRC server doesn´t like Brazil...

Quarto said:
and the Standoff update (but that one seems to be missing even from the Standoff site, so I'm not sure what's going on with it).

Maybe Eder got sad for not being able to join the party :p

So, Edmo (me), Eder, Starkey, Delance and a couple of others were left out because of EVIL server plans... We may be few, but I think we're definitel a part of the whole thing... Pity we couldn't participate, I hope you guys fix this issue for next year. Anyways, Happy birthday again.

Yeah, I didn't get a Standoff or UE update. I just double checked both of the email accounts that it could have ended up in, and I don't see anything. They don't appear to have gotten to me. I was actually kind of suprised that I hadn't got anything from you guys. I guess that explains it.

Maybe we can have a post birthday, birthday update. I got something from Psych too late to put up. So that's three updates. I still say you should post halman's Kilrathi with a Balloon.

I just want to say thank sto all the Admins and Mods for putting together the birthday celebrations. It must have taken a lot of time and effort, and they all deserve our gratitude.

::Adds obligatory "Happy Birthday" message::

Seriously, though, happy birthday. The Birthday Party was the most fun I've had in a chat room in a long time. Thanks to all of you who work on this website, these forums, the mods and everything else. You all are really the keepers of the faith and we owe you big. Cheers.

TC said:
Yeah, I didn't get a Standoff or UE update. I just double checked both of the email accounts that it could have ended up in, and I don't see anything. They don't appear to have gotten to me. I was actually kind of suprised that I hadn't got anything from you guys. I guess that explains it.
Odd... they must've gotten lost in the void. Anyway, I've sent info about both UE and Standoff updates to news@wcnews, so hopefully both can appear in the post-birthday birthday update.

Hope the Standoff update will appear in the Standoff site, too. The UE site has its own update already.

Starkey said:
Hope the Standoff update will appear in the Standoff site, too.
It will, but Eder's been having some computer trouble the past two days, so he hasn't had time to do that yet.

Edfilho said:
So, Edmo (me), Eder, Starkey, Delance and a couple of others were left out because of EVIL server plans... We may be few, but I think we're definitel a part of the whole thing... Pity we couldn't participate, I hope you guys fix this issue for next year. Anyways, Happy birthday again.

Yeah, we wish you were there. That would have put us over 100 people. But it's a deeply rooted ISP issue I suspect. As Hades suggested, we might not even be using the same company for an irc server next year, so things will be different.

TC said:
Maybe we can have a post birthday, birthday update. I got something from Psych too late to put up. So that's three updates. I still say you should post halman's Kilrathi with a Balloon.

We've found about half a dozen birthday updates that didn't make it up on August 11. We'll be doing those over the next couple days.

ChrisReid

Back