Yaaaaaargh!!! (Sounds of computer smashing)

Saturnyne: It only affects the plot if the things you ignored were mission objective-related. Ie., if you were specifically told to destroy something, you really shouldn't ignore it
wink2.gif
. This, however, isn't the case here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaaaahhhh.... well, I'll still nuke a corvette or two. Maybe the first and last ones. Besides, I have to get revenge for at least a few of my deaths.
smile.gif

I do wish though, that you could pump more power into the front shielding of your ships like in WCP.

------------------

§

You don't need to do that. Just take all the power out of damage control and into shields. The result is the same, but you don't have to sacrifice rear shields to get it
smile.gif

Heh... well, I finally finished the mission! I guess it's impossible to finish the mission by killing ALL the corvettes... but there is ONE that you absolutely have to kill.

After that one though, wing after wing of fighters will come after you. Luckily, I had the idea to fly near the Victory, so their shields could be thinned out while I find them and fire on them.
smile.gif

------------------

§

IIRC in WC1 & WC2 in order to achieve an objective you actually had to reach each nav point. Your nav display will read objective reached and select the next navpoint. This is regardless of how many Kilrathi or what types are there. Also if you remove all the fighters the autopilot light will come on.
I think you can autopilot past capships in WC3 and WC4. However in WC4 you usually have to destroy or leech the capships since there are so few of them that they usually comprise mission objectives.
WCP is simply a slaughterfest.

*** Kilrathi Corvette Theory ***

I think I've figured out why the corvette is so tough and gives everyone more hassles than any other capship.
It's so small that it's turrets generally aren't blocked by it's hull. In some cases it can actually bring all it's turrets to bear on you. Being compact, whenever you fire on it, your blasts probably get distributed along several portions of it's shield and armorb sectors. This is particularly true since it maneuvers better and more often then other capships. Therefore you're not actually inflicting as much damage as you might think.

Hence the reason you don't come at it from the bottom or top. It also seems that in every angle, it's able to bring quite a few guns on you. From the top or bottom, it can bring three to bear on you. From behind, it can aim up to five guns at you. How fun.

It's basically a matter of being able to dodge the attacks, or turn away before any real damage is dealt. With corvettes, you can't be stubborn and keep aiming at the turrets when your front sheilds aren't there anymore.

------------------

§

Saturnyne said:
*L* Hellcats don't carry torpedos.
smile.gif

Does ignoring any or all of the corvettes affect the mission's outcome or the course of the story?

~LOL~ My bad... I remember being able to use _something_ in that mission that had some Torps... Because I remember HATING that mission.
mad.gif

------------------
Maestro: "Lighten up Spyder! We're not gonna die! We're gonna WIN!!"

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Maestro: "You can burn in Hell."

Well, I am now stuck on the mission coming after the one where the Behemoth makes its untimely demise. Poor Tolwyn, the freak.
smile.gif

THREE corvettes appear.... Three! How is that for spite against me... heh... aw well, they're simple enough. It's being able to stand the wings and wings of fighters after all my glass is broken, and I have no radar or shields left that's tough.

------------------

§

Back