Ya

Originally posted by Wedge009

Indeed they can (ref: Brownhair's story). But I've seen Draymans taking out Talons too - the pirates continually go head to head with the Drayman. But I witnessed a bit overkill a few times - a varied convoy of Tarsus, Galaxies and Draymans takes out a lone pirate. (Sucked in!)

I guess pirates in WC are no more intelligent than most criminals in real life. One thing that always amazed me was how willing the pirates in WC4 were to enegage military fighters. I guess no-one ever told them discretionw as the better part of suicide. :D

Best, Raptor

Well, I dunno. If AI had any self-preservation built in, all lone Draymans in Priv should attempt to flee at the first sign of a pirate. Then again... I guess they have no chance of escape, so they choose to fight to the death. I wonder if they've heard of surrender?

You run a big chance of being killed by the pirates even if you surrender so i guess its better to fight and take your chances.

Originally posted by pendell
1. I misplaced monarchy? Oops... where should I
have placed it? I had tried to put it at about
the 7-9 range. Where do you think it should have
gone?
Well, to be honest I'm not quite sure. Nowhere and everywhere would be a good way of putting it. Monarchy varies - you can have absolute monarchy, which is just another name for despotism, or you can have constitutional monarchy, which is just another name for democracy.

2. You've seen Drayman beat pirates? Cool! For some
reason when I fly I always see them get dusted.
Repeatedly :(. I'm friends with both merchants and pirates, so when I see a bunch of Talons going after a Drayman, I usually hang around in hope of picking up some cargo. Unfortunately, more often than not I see the Talons blown to bits, and not even an ejection pod for my troubles :(.

Yeah, that happens a lot. Worse when pirates are enemies, and you comm them to friendlies, and then they kark it so you don't even get the kill, let alone any merchandise!

Originally posted by Supdon3
You run a big chance of being killed by the pirates even if you surrender so I guess its better to fight and take your chances.

Slavery, actually, but I guess most people will choose to fight anyway...

I wouldnt think id enjoy slavery to much, no. If you think about it, years in agonizing torture of slavery by pirates or Kilrathi or a quick death when your ship blows up around you. Interesting choice.

If you put up a fight, im sure they're gonna knock you around a bit just to put you in your place. Bruises heal.

And theres always mind torture. Make you listen to a Kilrathi opera!

Mindless slaves would probably cost more in feeding and housing than you'd get out them in work, though.

Best, Raptor

In a mechanized world you need slaves who can perform tasks which require some intelligence, so making them dumb would not help very much. Of course to reduce their will power would be helpful. :)

Back