Ya

Originally posted by Napoleon
I must agree that I tend to sympathize with the kats as well as the confeds too. That is why I like the imperials in SW.
YEAH! I always loved to fight for the Empire instead for this pathetic bunch of rebels with their stupid orange uniforms and their greenhorn Skywalker.

In some cases the 'bad' side is as good as the good one. But I have to disagree in the point that the darkside always as good is as the good one. Often she
never respects the individual soldier. Did the rebels or the Confed ever kill a Captain who let an enemy ship escape or lost? Or a pilot who didn't kill enough enemys?
The Imperials did. Their Tie-Fighters were also throw-away-machines for throw-away-pilots? I never liked to be a throw-away-person. And so I can better identify myself with a side in the conflict, which is 'human' against their soldiers and for example what I didn't like at the Kilrathi their behavior with war-prisoners. Slavery was okay. But just one word and killing them all? That was too crazy for me. So just because of that I would never be able to become a Kilrathi-soldier....even if I respect them as soldiers. I don't like their mentality...and I also don't like the one of the Imperials! I stay at Confed, the Border Worlds or the Rebels!!!There I feel better! :)

Ya the Imperials usually left their ejected pilots drifting in space after a battle, evident in XWA. Dont think I would want to be left drifting in a space suit forever after a battle! But boy I love flying that TIE Advanced! :) The Gunboat is a fine fighter too. But I will admit I would rather serve with the Rebels, Confed or Boarder Worlds.

RFBurns

Oh fine! You have to fight good, survive with the machine or die with it...but if you go out, then you really die long...and lonely. But I believe the Tie Fighter (I don't know the bomber ot Eceptor) didn't have a jumpsuit (or?). That means for me the pilot doesn't have the chance to get out. Not very nice...but yeah, the Tie is ggod to fly...really. But I don't like it has no shields...and the Canon boat...older, slower but also well!

The TIE Advanced (derrived from Mr. Vadars prototype) has shields. It also sports 4 guns and a good missle loadout. It is a good matched fighter with the X-Wing. Frankly, Id prefer flying the Falcon instead!

(CHEWEY, GET US OUT OF HERE!!)

RFBurns

Originally posted by Wedge009
ImRec, Burns. Or have you designed a new missile for the fan projects. :)

I made a new missle. Specially built for them! (EA/OSI) It will only recognize EA/OSI, hence EMREC. :D

RFBurns

Bah! The Empire is cool! :cool: And so are the Kilrathi, NOD and the Russians.
That is the only criteria that matters for me :) !

Dependent from the point of view I could also say: Bah I like the Rebels. They are best! But I have to underline the COULD. I don't say it. I prefer the Rebel mentality, even if it is a little too pathetic with Luke Skywalker. The machines of the Empire I also like... But the Rebels have better aims (my OPINION!). I never felt so much attracted by the dark side.... But about opinions can we argue days...without any consequence :) But I really thought one thing: Your argumentation, they are cool and that's the only criteria...has a little hole in it.( 'Stichhaltige Argumentation???'). But okay, you like it and it's okay (for me). But never judge me because of prefering the other side which you don't like(what about the 'Bah'?)!:confused:

I like the empire for a couple of reasons:

1. Cooler machines.
2. Get to kill Ewoks.
3. Although the Emperor himself is evil, the Empire --
in and of itself -- can be a force for good. In D&D terms,
I think of the Empire as "lawful evil", which to me means
that although they use ... distasteful methods, the
Empire still performs a useful service in suppressing
piracy and brigandage, suppressing little civil wars,
taming warlords and powerful corporations, and preventing
nasty incidents like that in SW Ep I.

A free society like the Republic is infinitely preferable
to a despotism like the Empire. But even a despotism is
preferable to outright anarchy as exists in, for example,
Somalia, Rwanda, Bosnia, and Afghanistan. Given the
choice between Empire and Anarchy (and I believe that
was the way Palpatine presented the choice), I would vote
for Empire. And fight for it. Even if the Emperor himself
was a known evil man. Evil men have ruled empires before
(Nero, Genghis Khan, Richard III) and after they passed
on the empires endured and did, IMHO, on balance more
good than harm.

Hmmm ... wait, this is a WC forum, right? Better say
something about the Kilrathi ... Nope, can't have any
sympathy for them or fight for them. The Kilrathi war
isn't an intramural squabble about government, but an
out-and-out War of Extermination. I can only side with
Confed, although I might side with Confed against the BW,
for the reasons given above. Unless we're talking genocide
and bioweapons. No way I can have a part of that.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Manjana, my post was not so serious. Of course "The Empire is cool" is no valid argument and was never intented to be. And with the "Bah" I meant that I never thought much about the mentality of Rebels and Imperials. I like the ships and the uniforms of the Empire just way better than the Rebel ships/uniforms. Also I tend to stick to the "evil side" because they are often (in my opinion) discriminated by the makers in a horrible way, by making them stupid and bloodthirsty and often have inferior technology. The SW universe is better in these aspects. But as it is only a fictional universe I never bothered to ask myself which side was morally good etc... . I just found the Empire with their Star Destroyers, TIE fighters and Strom Troopers more appealing. And not to forget the "Imperial march" which is just awesome!
But in no way was my post meant to be offending or completely serious. ;)

Manjana play TIE Fighter, in that game box there is a story about one pilot, many of the people that work within the Empire were not evil, in fact many belived that the Rebels were the evil ones, the game also have missions were we help refuges from a civil war.
Yes, the emperor is evil and Tolwyn (there is a Admiral Tolwyn in TIE Fighter, I am not joking) is probley evil as well in the movies that we see in the game but I never found a mission were we are asked to do a "evil" act.
I also got the chance to fly with Vader :)
(the WC part is the admiral Towlyn that exist in both universes)

Luckily, every single scene in the game was skillfully written to have her bending over the map table (G)

Such taste, LOAF. :) (I haven't played RedAlert2)

Originally posted by Dragon
...many of the people that work within the Empire were not evil, in fact many belived that the Rebels were the evil ones...

It's called propaganda...

Of course not. There were very noble people in the Empire, and not all defected to the Rebels/New Republic. I especially empathise with Supreme Commander Pellaeon, he was noble character, right from our introduction to him with Grand Admiral Thrawn, right through to the 'current' crisis with the Vong.

Erm, back to WC now. :)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOAF, you're irresistible!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

Back