XP Problem

Milatry

Petty Officer
I am trying to install Secret Ops on my comuter with XP and it keeps saying "This application has failed to start because glide2x.dll was not found Re-installing the application may fix the problem" but I've re-installed in many times and it says the same thing. Can someone help me out with this problem.

You can try to set the exe file in compatibility mode. Just right click on it after you install the game and search the option.

I can't install it at all and thats what it say's. I need help trying to find out why it says that and how to install it.

Milatry said:
I can't install it at all and thats what it say's. I need help trying to find out why it says that and how to install it.

So? Did you set the compatabilty mode on the setup or install file or not?

sorry I wasn't able to answer until know but yes I did set the compatabilty mode but the game wont start know.

I don't see why it would say that during installation though. How would it even know to look for glide2x? In his original post, he says he managed to reinstall it multiple times. Something he is telling us is not right. Sounds to me like he should just try the manual fix I suggested in the other thread.

Try manually setting the video card to Direct3D. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Systems\Wing Commander Prophecy in regedit. Change Video Card Description from 3dfx Glide (2.x) to Direct3d and change Video Card Number from 2 to 5

Will need to adjust Wing Commander Prophecy to whatever it's called for Secret Ops. I'm not at a place I can check what that is exactly now.

Back