XML editing

eddieb

Vice Admiral
Hi all:

This has come up serveral times. Flight Commander uses a lot of XML files, and if the files are not proper XML, bad things will happen. Luckily, there are all sorts of great tools for editing and checking XML. Please make sure to validate your xml files against the provided XML schemas. Every XML file in flight commander has an .xsd schema file which can be used to check that xml file.

Get a program that does the XML check for you automatically. I use
XML Spy. http://www.xmlspy.com/ They have a free home edition you can get.

Yeah, but I've had to spend my time finding problems in you guys' XML several times. It's a waste of my time, when a tool could tell you the problem first. All I ask is that you please be courteous and run the XML tools first before posting a problem report. And you just might learn something too.

Now you're the one being optimistic. :) Hopefully people will use this but let's be honest...the majority will not, they will still bring their questions to you.

I'm very sorry, if I had known it before, i haven't bothered you :( I'm just now upgrading myself (18 megs with a dial up... :)) And excuse me again! (Just learned how to use local variables in lua, thanks for illuminating me!)

Venom said:
I'm very sorry, if I had known it before, i haven't bothered you :( I'm just now upgrading myself (18 megs with a dial up... :)) And excuse me again! (Just learned how to use local variables in lua, thanks for illuminating me!)

No need to be sorry. It's to your own advantage to use an XML editor.

Wow! You're just right! It's very useful! The XMLspy can tell you where, and let you ralize why, you have done wrong! Thanxs again!

There are other tools that can be useful for modding Flight Commander?

Back