Xbox 360: Phantasy Star Universe Open Beta Live

Starman

Rear Admiral
SEGA Announces Phantasy Star Universe Multiplayer Free Trial Open Beta Program On Xbox 360

GUARDIANS License Pricing Unveiled for Online Play

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (Oct. 13th, 2006)
– SEGA® Europe, Ltd. and SEGA® of America, Inc. today announced the Phantasy Star Universe™ multiplayer open beta for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft will be available for free download on Xbox Live© Marketplace starting on today.

Gamers worldwide will be able to play the newest addition to the epic sci-fi Phantasy Star™ series during a free-trial beta download period that will run for until October 18th, 2006. The beta will be available for download until Sunday 15th Oct. Phantasy Star Universe™ offers the best of both worlds through an exciting action-packed RPG single-player story mode and a rich online multiplayer experience. The Xbox 360™ open beta program gives players a chance to preview online multiplayer mode and is open to all Xbox Live© Gold level account members.

Additionally, SEGA announced that the GUARDIANS License will be available for purchase on November 24th, 2006 for Xbox 360™, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, and PC online users. The GUARDIANS License enriches the single-player story mode by enabling gamers to meet other players, strike up alliances, and embark on a huge variety of online quests within the Phantasy Star Universe™ environment. The GUARDIANS License will be available at €9.99 (£6.99) per month.

With a GUARDIANS License, gamers can fully experience the new customisable and highly interactive features in online mode including character creation, My Room (personalised online space), expansive interactive lobbies, shops, and new missions. The GUARDIANS License opens up a universe filled with robust regular content downloads including brand new quests and other additions.

Phantasy Star Universe™ will be released on November 24th, 2006. For more information please visit www.phantasystaruniverse.com

Anyone giving it a try? I plan to and my gamertag is 'Starmans' if you care to join me :)

Wow, that's pretty neat. There have been console MMO betas before, but none were as easy to get into as just downloading from the dashboard. I have pretty much zero interest in PSU, and there's too much video game stuff coming out in the next six weeks for me to consider getting it, but that sounds like it'd be fun to try.

I may just boot it up and give it a try. I've been bored recently and I've never really played an MMO...should be interesting.

I really liked PSO 2 and 3.
But those were not really MMOs... They had public lobbies with instanced playing areas.
It's closer to Diablo than a real MMO. More like a MPRPG.

Back