Xbox 360 memory cards

ck9791

Rear Admiral
Can you copy your profile onto an Xbox 360 memory card? I tried last night and the only options I had were to move my profile or delete it, there was no copy option. I was able to copy a game file fine though. I used the same process for both, but there was no copy option displayed with the profile.

I'm pretty sure that on the XBox 360, your profile is "roaming." That is, it can only exist in any one place at one time. If your account is activated on more than one Xbox 360 at a time, it will be deleted from the older one next time it logs into XBox Live. So, if you plan on using it on a different XBox 360 you have to move it off of yours onto a memory unit, or register it on another 360 and have it be deleted from yours.

Do you want to make a backup for your profile then? As indicated above, the data will be non-valid when you attempt to restore an older version....

In the case you intend to return your xbox because it is leaning on the red rings of death any second, move it to a memory card, if someone is about to kick your arse in Arena, take it like a man :p

I have two Xboxs because one of them had the red-ring of death and I bought a second one to have in case the first one still had problems when I received it back. I'd like to have my profile on both machines so I can play on either one. I'd use the memory card then to copy my profile if I'd been playing on one but was going to be using the other.

It sounds like I can't do that though so I'll just keep it on whichever Xbox I am using and then use the memory card to move it to the other machine if I end up using it for some reason, such as having one in the living room and one in the bedroom and having to use the other machine because I can't use the tv in the living room. I'll probably set the old repaired one up in the living room and use that one for the most part since it has all of my downloaded content on it. Keep the new one as a spare in case the old one has other problems or I can't use it.

Move your profile to a memory card. Then just use that memory card with whatever xbox you are playing at the moment.

The alternative is to move the hard drive around...

Back