Xbox 360 Controller Guides?

NuAngel

Rear Admiral
Over the years, I have fallen in love with the Xbox 360 controller. I remember trying to play Wing Commander on my SNES and just hating all of the button combos I had to do in order to get anything done.

Although I'm sure the PC versions of the games will of course require keyboard interaction, is there any way to configure various Wing Commander games (particularly the more modern FMV games, 3/4/Prophecy) to work with the Xbox 360 controller? Has anybody made a guide to make this work / suggested control scheme, etc...?

Am I all wet and it's not even possible? I haven't looked in to it, yet, myself. Was just thinking out loud. ;)

NuAngel

Yes I play with my 360 controller all wc games. Search and download Xpadder. Its a freeware .With that you can bind whatever you want to your 360 controller.Its easy and very customisable. I have 3 profiles one for Wc1/2 games one for WcP/So and one for Wc3/4. Try it

Have you gotten a chance to handle the XBox One controller yet? I was also a big fan of the 360 gamepad - I bought the Tom Clancy's Hawx joystick for the game way back when that came out, and I ended up finishing the game with the regular gamepad instead.

So far I really like the One controller, although it takes a little bit getting used to after so many years. Overall the grippy textures on the thumbsticks and the soft stops on the triggers are really nice. I haven't noticed the rumble triggers make a difference really, but I imagine that it may be something I notice more if it disappeared now. And they just have a standard micro USB slot, so regular PC compatibility is coming next year when they get the software update for it sorted out.

The Xbone controller is interesting - it's not as "hefty" as the PS4 controller (which is 1000x better than the PS3 controller), nor as heavy as the Xbox360 controller.

At first, I thought it felt a bit too "cheap" because of its lightness, but after heaving used it, it's feels good.

can't wait for Windows support.

Back