x360 usb controller and wc3 ks XP

R

Romcollector444

Heeeellooooooo...

I finally got my copy of KS and it's running perfectly in XP (but crashes in 95 or 98 mode..hmm)

I read some threads on joystick issues and found out that usb devices might be a prob with this game.

I have a usb mouse and a usb x360 controller.

I have just enough drifting problems while in-game to be annoying.

I can't access any joystick calibration screens (in and out of mission) i see the button, i click on it but nothing comes up.

While reading the read-me, i saw that i could make a command line to adjust the deadzone, but don't think this will help. Anyways, I'm running it through XP and cannot start the game while in cmd.

I will then disconnect my mouse and try to access the game with keyboard shortcuts (oh the fun).

**~~~** how do we quit the game anyways? I keep alt-tabing to get out!

I will try to get a serial adapter. Dunno if it will work still.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know :) !

oh forgot..

And i also calibrated the gamepad in xp. No luck.

I disconnected all other usb devices.

deadzone on x360 gamepad?

This should do it... does anybody noes how to change the dead zone on the x360 joystick? Since it's not available from the control panel, maybe there's a 3rd party software that could do it.

I'm glad you solvrd the problem on your own. However had you registered you could have edited your posts to add the extra info. If you had registered you could edit your posts for up to two hours (and all 5 of your posts were within an hour). While you may be the only poster in this thread, Forgetting to type in a name and posting as unregistered in longer tech threads make keeping peoples problems distinguished difficult.

Thanks for the link for the utility to calibrate the 360 controlers in XP better. I know some of the others will find that useful.

For any others reading this thread, the second link he posted has the same utilities for the vista variations down to win2000

While reading the read-me, i saw that i could make a command line to adjust the deadzone, but don't think this will help. Anyways, I'm running it through XP and cannot start the game while in cmd.

You should be able to enter command line additions within the Target line in the game's shortcut properties.

how do we quit the game anyways? I keep alt-tabing to get out!

ALT+X

Back