X3 for Wing Commander mod?

RIFT

Spaceman
Anyone look into this?

The game is heavily modable and support is good. I think a good WC mod could come from this :)

This has been asked before and noone has taken interest in it. The game just isn't close enough to Privateer to warrant a conversion.

Im confused, Privateer and Wing Commander have 2 completly different play types....why would that matter?

X3 has cap ships and missions that could be easily done up as WC (as far as I know so far). There seems to be great mod support...I will have to look into it further.

I think Lt. Death means more that the game as is doesn't play or feel much like Wing Commander or Privateer.

However, there's no reason that while modding a person wouldn't be able to change the game's dynamic to give it the apropriate feel. THis would make it a much more difficult effort though so the danger is that people might simply swap out ships and system names and call it a day.

How come no one ever took the AMBITIOUS task of modding a game like X3 or FREELANCER and adding the video footage from WC 2... 3 and 4 to make it like one uber epic game.

Would feel like a WC special edition.

Just a thought...

Yeah but WC:SAGA... they r not really following the original game... they r doing their own thing... doing their own voice acting n CGI videoes n etc.
I was saying giving the original games a new make over with the existing video footages... and joining them up.

It just wouldn't look good. The "makeover" would look hacked together videos with games, going from really nice graphics, to poor video footage. It would also ruin the feel of the games as well.

But the Wing Commander 4 video footage from the DVD is very clear.
AND THe WC 3 FMV won't really look that bad... I think.
The problems faced would be the WING COMMANDER 1 n 2 FMVs I suppose.

It's a fundamental problem with fan remakes. There's always going to be differences with a "remake" that turn off many fans. Where WC remakes currently exists, most people just prefer to play the original games. So what compels people to go through the time consuming process of making a remake when they're constantly being held to an impossibly high standard? It almost always works out better if people just make their own original projects.

Hmmm... I guess I understand wht you mean.
Personally I just think there hasn't been any remake tht's better and if there ARE ones that are equally good... ppl just dont know abt them.
Like me for example.... I dont know any good WC remake tht I would like to try.

we did have x2 ships on our freelancer serve that i play on but they dumped the mod after we became the lancers reactor official server? sounds familiar?

Back