X2 players love the Privateer remake

Actually I found this game through this threat and I can honestly say yes, at least one X2 player loves the Remake :)
Well Done!

Btw x2 fans, i am curious of your experience.
First i heard about x2 , was amazed, then bought installed , was amazed at the graphics and music.Then amazed at the size of the universe.

But then it went donwhill.It was slow more slow and even slower.The combat seemed to shallow to me, the universe tough vast seemed empty.

The trading seemed fun but then to me it turned trading energy cells was nearly always best bet , so not much fun.

And may i repeat itwas so damn slow.

After one week of playing i stopped and hadnt come back.

What do you think are my impressions justified or i didnt give it enough time?I suspect there is a thousand features i havent tried....

well guys, if you didn't hear about Privateer Remake before, than did you hear at least about www.wcnews.com ? That's the main Wing Commander community, where those forums are belong to. So check the site and bookmark it ;)

Dito.

In Privateer Remake, the start is kinda hard but once you get going, it's really cool. It's all great stuff, really.

My problem with X2 is that some of the flaws hamper the gameplay. The payoff for processed goods is poor compared to raw goods, let alone that fact that no one buys things like lasers. You can buy your own factories, but most of them don't seem to do profit. Combat troubles too. Shield and weapon power increases exponentially, and shields recharge at an insane rate, too, so you either can't tickle the enemy or wipe the floor with him, thanks to auto-aiming... except when you use PSGs. Everyone playing X2 should agree that those weapons are ridiculously overpowered, a lone fighter can destroy whole capships with it.

Privateer Remake has no significant flaws, and if I get it right, it's still being improved. Sure, some things like your own capships are still goofy, but it's good to know that developers and fan-modders will take their efforts to fix them

Our honorable developers do better because they pay more attention to the community. That's not easy sometimes, as there seem to be a lot of guests nowaydays.

Good job, and... keep it up. Especially you, spiritplumber, as I'm expecting great stuff of WC universe.

Back